Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high street mall

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Have you seen the obscenity that was Dore's Butchers? :(

The Ice cream place? Not seen it yet but I'm glad its not vacant, and by the sounds of them are a very popular outfit in Dublin.

What's the new Sport Direct place like? Anyone been in it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

More ice cream for the tourists what a difference for Dores its disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I parked the car in McDonough Junction the other day, and walked across to Maudlin Street. I never noticed that awful derelict part of the railway station before. Was it meant to be developed? It's desperate looking, better to demolish than have it looking like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

madmaggie wrote: »
    I parked the car in McDonough Junction the other day, and walked across to Maudlin Street. I never noticed that awful derelict part of the railway station before. Was it meant to be developed? It's desperate looking, better to demolish than have it looking like that.
    There was planning permission for a hotel when the crash came it put a stop to it. It does not look great hopefully they will get it developed, its the same over in Wolftone street the building there looks awful it was part of the mart site.

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »

I wonder would they get those plans back on the table? Another hotel in Kilkenny would be welcome and would do well, given the prices the rest of them charge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

road_high wrote: »
    I wonder would they get those plans back on the table? Another hotel in Kilkenny would be welcome and would do well, given the prices the rest of them charge.

Or the very good value they offer when you don't want to book during peak periods.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Or the very good value they offer when you don't want to book during peak periods.

May be so. But at weekends they are expensive when there is peak demand. Not everyone can take mid week breaks etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

road_high wrote: »
    May be so. But at weekends they are expensive when there is peak demand. Not everyone can take mid week breaks etc.

No and hotels can't afford to give cheap prices on weekend either.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

No and hotels can't afford to give cheap prices on weekend either.

And they certainly don't do that in Kilkenny ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement