Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone going to vancouver in november on there own?

Options
  • 22-07-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

any decent hostels in vancouver?

Comments

Funny enough, I did exactly that last year in September. The one out past Kitsilano would be off-season, so your options are the hi hostels on Granville & just off Robson St. If you want sleep, just off Robson, if you want beer, Johnny Fox's is right next door to the Hi on Granville.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 atomic440

Hey ads99,
    I'll be heading over in November. My brother's emigrating at the end of this month (if he ends up going!) so will know at least one person in Vancouver some November-time. I haven't booked anything yet and it's been a recent decision. Luckily, my mum was born in Toronto so I have a Canadian passport. What's your plans? :)
    Ciarán

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Im headin November too,probably heading for the slopes initially, itll keep me tickin over until I get to know the lay of the land better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 atomic440

Regarding hostels, there's been a few mentioned on the Irish and New in Vancouver facebook group (Group number: 159517987532378) - one mentioned was the Samesun Hostel and a lot of Irish seem to stay there initially until they find a room/apartment. I will be looking to share an apartment from around the end of November/start of December.

yerman, I will hopefully be on the slopes come January :D But need to learn to ski first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

atomic440 wrote: »
    Regarding hostels, there's been a few mentioned on the Irish and New in Vancouver facebook group (Group number: 159517987532378) - one mentioned was the Samesun Hostel and a lot of Irish seem to stay there initially until they find a room/apartment. I will be looking to share an apartment from around the end of November/start of December.

yerman, I will hopefully be on the slopes come January :D But need to learn to ski first lol

Well keep in touch and let me know what resort ur headin for and all that. Its always nice to know at least one person in a new country! only ever skied a couple of times, but its pretty easy to get started I can teach you how to snowboard no bother though :D liftie 4 life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

Hey,

Think I'll be heading over in November too, terrified but just need to do it!

No idea what I'll do or where I'll stay yet so any suggestions are more than welcome :P are you guys working on the slopes or there to enjoy the slopes?

Hmm, my contract here in Ireland's up in November & my visa's valid till June 16. I might be heading over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Adam!038

Im heading over in November, found a live in job
    but might not keep that for too long if i can find my own place and other full time work
    so scared going on my own but its gonna be great

Advertisement