Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Control Vaping

Options
  • 22-07-2015 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen several arguments for and against TC devices and, in particular, Ni200 wire.

I will be giving this a miss for now until more testing is done.

Has anyone else any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I would expect TC to reduce potential chemical change due to overheating juice and a reduction in metal compounds that get into the vapor. Also no dry burning of wicking material that can produce lots of nasty byproducts.

Expectation does not always meet reality.

What are the arguments against? What are the issues with nickel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Nickel can leach in to whatever it is in contact with, which is why it isn't used in cooking equipment. It can also produce several very toxic and carcinogenic gases.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

All metals will leach somewhat and I wonder about Kanthal too which is a iron-chromium-aluminium alloy.

The other contender is titanium which seems to be completely non-toxic but could be a fire hazard.

Would you be comfortable with titanium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

8mm wrote: »
    All metals will leach somewhat and I wonder about Kanthal too which is a iron-chromium-aluminium alloy.

The other contender is titanium which seems to be completely non-toxic but could be a fire hazard.

Would you be comfortable with titanium?

I'd be comfortable with anything that had been tested.

From what I can gather, all or most tests on vaping use Kanthal, but I've yet to see any on Ni200.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

From what we've seen (in almost every device so far) is that it does not work reliably across the board...yet.
    When the tech is reliable I will be jumping on, because I firmly believe it is the future of vaping.
    TC will be able to limit any exposure to any heat related nastiness that has yet to be properly fully tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm in the same boat as Didihno ............... but I'm letting him do all the rowing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Bit the same but couldn't help myself when the istick 40 tc came up at a good price, if the tc is crap it's still a neat and tidy little mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

jonski wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as Didihno ............... but I'm letting him do all the rowing :)
    Oi! Pitch in or get off my ship!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Next Wednesday on YT,Grimgreen will be talking about TC...

Advertisement