Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stray (?) cat

• 22-07-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

We have a intact Tom cat hanging around our garden for the past day or two I'm guessing intact because he sprays everything everytime he arrives and he has that shaped head (if that makes sense)!
    He looked very thin so we have been leaving some food out for him, and if he stays about we will look into trying to get hold of him and trying to find him a home (assuming he is without one...and assuming he is stray not feral...) or look into TNR.
    My worry, my two cats! The female doesn't seem bothered by him, he won't approach us but I've seen them sitting side by side in the garden, but my male is a bit put out by the intruder on his property. My male is neutered and has never sprayed but I am wondering if he is likely to pick up bad habits from the stray? (I really don't want to have to deal with mine spraying!)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If he sprays it's not about "picking up the habit" but because of territorial control; cats are pretty freak awesome on working out time sharing deals though so for now I'd go for a TNR route instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

We've been trying to get a photo of the visitor to put on posters around the area to see if anyone owns him, I don't really see him in the daytime which makes me think he's being put out at night... But he is limping a bit now so worried he might be injured. I've looked around the area and in local vets and no one seems to be looking for him but as he's in pretty good shape overall I don't think he's been living outside for too long.
    I've asked a couple of neighbors, & no one knows where he belongs, but our houses all back into a huge circle so there's about 100 places he could be coming from...
    As he doesn't appear to be neutered I think it's unlikely he's microchipped, so I'm not sure if we should go the route of a cage and trip to the vet for the operation, if he has owners they may not be too pleased with us? I'd love to put a collar with a note on him but not much chance of getting close enough for that at the moment, tbh part of me thinks if you can't even be bothered neutering your cat then you can't complain if someone picks him up as a stray?
    Still just trying to gain his trust and get him closer to the house so I can get a good look at him, I'd prefer if he didn't spray every inch of my garden as I think it's freaking my Mori out a bit, but hey, cats will be cats I guess, for now he seems to enjoy feasting on free food.
    Hell, if we can gain his trust and get him checked over by a vet he can come live with us, poor mite seems a bit lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

fair play to u cats need more nice people like you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If you stick up a photo, someone might recognise him.

I'm guessing he's not a black & white cat like the one here?

http://www.adverts.ie/lost-pets/black-white-cat-tubbercurry-area-co-sligo/8513908?notification=9f8e61c0483f6f96e9d7fe5608498bbe-1437987721

Advertisement