Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boat transport

• 22-07-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

hello all ...........
    can anyone point me in the right direction . I am looking to have a boat transported from nenagh to enniskillen . the boat is on it,s own trailer ready to go .

I have rang a few places but the cost is huge so any help would be much appreciated ..

cheers .

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Are you looking for someone to tow it on it's own trailer or are you looking for a flatbed truck to put the boat and trailer on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What length/weight of boat?

Is the trailer road-ready and roadworthy?

If so, and as long as it's not a 15-ton keelboat or something, you just need to find someone with a jeep or similar with a towbar. And willing to help, obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭lockmaster

right here we go ....
    the boat in question is a hardy pilot 20 it is on it,s own road worthy trailer with a light board . all i am looking for is someone with a jeep or a truck that can tow the boat from neagh to enniskillen . i have made a few inquires already the guy that can do it for the right price can not do it for me till mid august as he is going on holidays so that,s him out of the picture the other guys want a arm and a leg which i am not prepared to do . i have been told that i could drive the boat up but i would not have the knowledge or experience to do that so to be safe i am looking for someone that has the knowledge and experience to tow the boat and trailer up for me i am willing to pay for the time as long as it is a reasonable fee .... photo of the boat for those of you who don,t know what hardy it is ...

thanks ...
    ps : fergal i know you are very knowledgeable in these matters . or if you want the job yourself or know someone that would take the job as i said i am willing to pay for your time .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I'm booked up till September :) I'd say the differance in price is those that are insured to transport the boat and those that are not. the Hardy weights about 1200 kg so you will need a 4x4 might be worth asking here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1068 or practice towing the boat around yourself and when your comfortable hit the road nice and early in the morning. Don't forget a spare wheel,wheel bearing,good jack, socket set with a big enough socket for the hub nut, long nose pliers for the split pin and a can of tyre inflator/sealer incase you get a flat in a dangerous spot and you need to get off the road quick :eek:

thanks fergal i had an idea you would be booked out but it was worth a try anyway .
    so any other takers ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If I thought my Mini would do it (if it had a towbar in the first place), I'd happily oblige!

That's about the same weight as our keelboat, and we towed it up to Northern Ireland and back with a Seat Alhambra diesel. You don't necessarily need a 4x4, but obviously the bigger the better. A pal who was towing the same kind of boat with a Honda 4x4 of some sort (it's a while back now) barely made it up the ramp out of the club in Dun Laoghaire :eek: Good torque is what you need.

Best of luck with it - hope you can get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

Hey Mate,

try Clinton Marine. he is based out by baldonnell but Mike is all over the country and is useually willing to help any way he can.. he also has numerious 4x4 and delievers boats for clients on a regular basis.

cheers for that man i will give him a bell tomorrow

i would just like to thank pete the fella and all the guy for all your help i got in contact with clintonmarine and michael is transporting the boat for me on monday at a very reasonable price i am very happy . here she she ready for the road ....
    once again thanks guy,s .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

lockmaster wrote: »
    i would just like to thank pete the fella and all the guy for all your help i got in contact with clintonmarine and michael is transporting the boat for me on monday at a very reasonable price i am very happy . here she she ready for the road ....
    once again thanks guy,s .....

No issues Lockmaster. It's very rare that I'll recommend someone but Mike is an absolute gent.. I knew he'd be happy to help.

• Advertisement

hello
    I would just like to thank michael from clinton marine for all the help and the professional way in the way he managed to transport my boat I do have to say i was very impressed in the manager he which he handled the whole job . once again thank you very very much .

if anyone needs a transportation for a boat i can not recommend clinton marine highly enough great service at a very good price .

He is one of the good guy's :)

Advertisement