Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCMS Commencement notice.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is this the commencement notice I need, "Commencement notice without Documentation"

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Trying to submit my notice without doc at the moment. keeps saying the is a problem processing my payment, Could I have filled out the forms incorrect, would this stop payment?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Trying to submit my notice without doc at the moment. keeps saying the is a problem processing my payment, Could I have filled out the forms incorrect, would this stop payment?

possible. as i mentioned earlier, send me the submission number and ill check what the system is saying.

either that or the wife is in Karen Millen heating up your Credit Card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

kceire wrote: »
    possible. as i mentioned earlier, send me the submission number and ill check what the system is saying.

either that or the wife is in Karne Millen heating up your Credit Card :)

Very possible card red hot, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Giant1o52

Hi bought old cottage to do up and add 60 sq.mtrs extension.

Got planning permission and proceeded to do the construction.Completed and now sale agreed but only to discover I had no commencement notice submitted.I googled everything and no answers.Is there any way out of predicament. I needed cert of compliance to complete the sale.

Thanks R.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

When was the extension constructed? Should it have been under 'full' BCAR?

By the way, there is no means/mechanism to submit a retrospective commencement notice!

Over the last 3 years

Is a cert of "opinion for compliance" adequate for sale of the cottage.can I get a professional to check out the house for building control regs

• Subscribers Posts: 41,543 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not "building control regs".... You've missed the boat on that one.

But you should be able to get someone to give you an opinion on compliance with planning permission and building regulations.

I was told that I could get a "Letter of Comfort" from my Architect which is a visual inspection of the extension only.I think it's the same as" opinion on compliance".The purchaser might accept this.

R.

• Advertisement

Was your architect involved in the construction? Either way you should be able to obtain an opinion on compliance with planning permission with building regulations from your architect or other professional (such as engineer or building surveyor).

What you cannot do is correct or regularise the lack of a commencement notice.

Really not sure what implications that has for that sale process given that your extension is in excess of 40 m.sq. and BCAR applies? Some solicitors would overlook and others may not?

Thanks R

I wonder (tounge in cheek) if I was to apply for commencement on BCMS. as an unfinished building and and maybe minimise the lack of the "offence" They might give a cert for the remaining portion of work but not the existing work completed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

When did you get planning?

what if they inspect?

you would also be relying on a professional to lie.

Yes your correct I would not want that. I Googled" Property Health Check " company and I think they can give Opinion on Compliance cert which may suffice.And hopefully the buyers solicitor will advise the client to go with it.

Thanks for your input

Advertisement