Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oulook 2007 Error 0x800ccc92

Options
  • 22-07-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I have one Gmail account in Outlook 2007 and it's failing to connect to Gmail when I do a send/receive. It returns Error code 0x800ccc92.

I have checked the account settings multiple times and they are 100% correct. I can log into the Gmail account on the Web and send/receive without problem.

POP is enabled and 2 step authentication is disabled on the Google account.

I've Googled til I'm blue in the face and there are countless users experiencing the same issue but I failed to find one post with any sort of method to fix the problem.

Hoping someone here might have encountered the issue and solved it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ilikesheep

Go to control panel --> Mail and remove and delete your profile. When Outlook opens backup you will be asked for your credentials again.

If this doesn't work check for any windows updates for Microsoft office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ilikesheep

Apologies try the windows updates for office first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Unfortunately none of the above sorted the issue.

Pretty frustrating that this should happen out of the blue like this, it's been working fine for over a year until now. Maybe it was an actual update that caused it? Nothing else I can think of that might have done it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement