Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Court SC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm wheres you post gone mr. cranky pants

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Milly33 wrote: »
    mmm wheres you post gone mr. cranky pants

Milly33, you're around long enough to know how this forum works, what's with the smart comments? If you have a problem with a post report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dunne's are bullies they know they have these centres by the balls as they are anchor tenants who contribute to a huge majority of footfall. I have a lease on a unit in Blackpool and I'm hearing they haven't paid rent or charges in nearly 2 years.
    The main issue again I hear is dunne's are paying the bulk of the service charge in the centre but they are disputing it because most of the other tenants wont stay open the same hours so they think its effecting footfall to dunne's.
    We have stay open clauses in our lease contracts but we have resisted all attempts from management to enforcing them as staying open would loose us money. The place is a ghost town after 6.
    What's happening is an escalation of the dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

sorry mod but where did the post did you delete it, twas weird there was a post popped up about spacetime post saying it wasn't that informative...

did realise they were so bad shame on them

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

rob316 wrote: »
    Dunne's are bullies they know they have these centres by the balls as they are anchor tenants who contribute to a huge majority of footfall. I have a lease on a unit in Blackpool and I'm hearing they haven't paid rent or charges in nearly 2 years.
    The main issue again I hear is dunne's are paying the bulk of the service charge in the centre but they are disputing it because most of the other tenants wont stay open the same hours so they think its effecting footfall to dunne's.
    We have stay open clauses in our lease contracts but we have resisted all attempts from management to enforcing them as staying open would loose us money. The place is a ghost town after 6.
    What's happening is an escalation of the dispute.

Thanks for the update Rob...
    Good to know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/dunnes-urged-to-sort-out-staff-access-issue/

MANDATE have called for Dunnes Stores to speak to staff after they were unable to access their places of work in Douglas and Blackpool shopping centres earlier this week.
    The branches at the Douglas Court Shopping Centre and the Blackpool Shopping Centre usually remain open for business after the main buildings close.
    However, they have closed earlier than usual on occasions this week.
    Staff were told that their current rostered hours would be honoured by the supermarket chain, but no reason for the closures was given.
    Staff were not told either how long the situation would continue for.
    Both shopping centres are managed by HWBC, a Dublin-based property firm.
    Management of the Douglas Court Shopping Centre confirmed that there was an “issue” with the Dunnes Stores outlet, but declined to comment, as did the management of the Blackpool Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

I didn't realize Douglas court was closed this evening and popped over about 7 to do some shopping. There were quite a few cars driving in, reading the closed sign and heading off again. Dunnes must be losing quite a bit in sales due to these early closures. Tesco must be loving it though.

Advertisement