Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd text?

Options
  • 22-07-2015 9:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I got a text from "BOI" today, telling me it was time to pay my credit card bill. I don't have a BOI credit card and unfortunately deleted the text which had a "to STOP text STOP to " a number. I presume it's a phishing scam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi, I got a text from "BOI" today, telling me it was time to pay my credit card bill. I don't have a BOI credit card and unfortunately deleted the text which had a "to STOP text STOP to " a number. I presume it's a phishing scam?

Hi byhookorbycrook,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear you have received this text in error.

We can confirm that Bank of Ireland is now issuing texts to all Republic of Ireland customers who have their mobile listed on their credit card file. This is just as a reminder that the due date for payment is approaching. 

This is simply to assist customers with avoiding Late Payment fees or return Direct Debit charges. This will not impact any direct debit instructions currently in place. 

Should you receive another text please follow the STOP instructions on the text message. 

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.
    Helen

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

But my point is I DON'T have a BOI credit card???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

But my point is I DON'T have a BOI credit card???
    Hi byhookorbycrook, 

As this text message was sent to you in error, if you would like to send us a Private Message with your name and contact number, we will request a representative from our Credit Card team to call you and stop these text messages for you. 

To send us a Private Message, please click on the link in my signature below. Just to mention, there is no need to include any account numbers in your Private Message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement