Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKYPE - best provider/package

Options
  • 22-07-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I know that this can vary wildly , depending on the parts of the country people are / coverage of providers, etc but
    is there anyone who is HAPPY with a particular network provider for
    Skype video calls, in particular?

I have been getting mixed reviews of ome networks, even somone surprised me when they said Vodafone was good for Skype calls (quite a basic package)
    Any experience with providers...
    Im in Cork by the way so a few alternative providers here such as nova, digiweb....

Any insights?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Ok. Your options are Vodafone, Three and Meteor.

Vodafone don't allow Skype but I've heard people being able to use Skype on Vodafone. Vodafone have the best network in my opinion.

Three is a shambles at the moment with capacity problems since the O2 takeover so I'd stay clear if you want something reliable.

Meteor might work well for you.

It depends on your location, coverage, 3G vs 4G connectivity. I would try Meteor and see how you get on. I think Vodafone are the best network as their infrastructure is much better but you'll find people with other opinions.

Advertisement