Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC - where to start.

Options
  • 22-07-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭

PC gamer at heart, been about 5 or 6 years since I had one, due to cash and consoles being dirt cheap I just never got around to getting back into them when I meant to ages ago. Wondering if it's possible to get a PC for handyish money that can play GTAV and have it look as good as it does on a next gen system for let's say the price of a next gen system? Been so long since I had a proper PC I haven't a clue about graphics cards, CPUs etc so I don't know what I'm looking for. If I could be steered in the right direction id appreciate that. I've no interest in building my own. Just want a ready made one... A quick search on done deal and adverts confirms I know feck all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You want at least a 750Ti or R9 270X card to be holding up to the 8th Gen consoles.

For prebuilts, your best option is one of the last two full builds posted in our own Selling thread

New hardware alone, you won't beat the consoles. For €100 more you can match them, 200 more will blow them out of the water.

After buying 10 games on each, the console will likely be the more expensive investment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm having no luck finding anything. I want to pick up something locally. Tipperary, Limerick, North cork areas. Everything I'm looking at is in Dublin. And tbh I'm not even sure what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'll build you one myself if you'll pick it up in Leitrim :pac:

Check TerrorFirmers account on adverts, he's got a few that are fair value, he's in Galway.

As I said above, pound for pound on hardware you won't beat consoles. And you'll get your best value on a PC by building or having someone else build for you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'll build you one myself if you'll pick it up in Leitrim :pac:

Check TerrorFirmers account on adverts, he's got a few that are fair value, he's in Galway.

As I said above, pound for pound on hardware you won't beat consoles. And you'll get your best value on a PC by building or having someone else build for you

Good man. I had a look on his ads there he might have what I want. I'm not looking for a next gen beater just something to compete...after having a PC before and then PS3/Xbox I always preferred having the PC especially for FPS games. Building myself is out of the question, it's been too long.

Advertisement