Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efiber cobh

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

MackMack wrote: »
    This cab has just changed to build commenced on the openeir map :)

Are we looking at finally getting efibre in the next few weeks?
    I'll check this with our wholesale department and be back to you on this MackMack :)

-Pamela 
    Thanks Pamela,
    Lots of people on this exchange looking for a bit of good news for a change.
    I understand that completely  MackMackI'm hoping to have more information today and I'll be back to you as soon as I do. :)

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭MackMack

Any luck getting some info on this cab?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

ye were all waiting here down in rushbrooke links?

Any luck getting some info on this cab?
    Sorry for the delay MackMack,
    I'm afraid we have no further information on this at the minute. 

- Pamela 

4 months on from when the efibre cabinet has been installed and still no sign of a going live date. The open eir map still says "Spring/Summer 2016" even though Spring is gone.

Is there any chance of an update other than the usual "What's on the map is all we can give" line?

• Advertisement

4 months on from when the efibre cabinet has been installed and still no sign of a going live date. The open eir map still says "Spring/Summer 2016" even though Spring is gone.

Is there any chance of an update other than the usual "What's on the map is all we can give" line?
    Hi MackMack,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I've checked our current efibre roll-out plan and I'm afraid I have no further updates on the Rushbrooke exchange at the minute.
    I'm sorry I could not offer you better news :(

-Pamela 

The OpenEir map got updated today. This Cab is now gone back to Autumn 2016, which will probably be Autumn 2020 by the time it's actually turned on.

Cabinet has only been installed for 6 months at this stage.

We checked : 021-
    Not my phone, check again
    Good news! eir Fibre is coming to your area. Projected availability date is: Available within 6 weeks
    Please notify me when it's available

Notify Me

thats what i get when i put my number in so maybe it is coming soon?

B wrote: »
    We checked : 021-
    Not my phone, check again
    Good news! eir Fibre is coming to your area. Projected availability date is: Available within 6 weeks
    Please notify me when it's available

Notify Me

thats what i get when i put my number in so maybe it is coming soon?
    Thanks for getting in touch  B :)

I would reccomend registering here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

-Pamela 

Any update on when this cab is going live?
    It's been installed 8 months at this stage. Only 20ish cabinets left to go live in Cork and of course one of the last has about 400 houses connected to it.

• Advertisement

Any update on when this cab is going live?
    It's been installed 8 months at this stage. Only 20ish cabinets left to go live in Cork and of course one of the last has about 400 houses connected to it.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]MackMack [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and the ready to order date is still August/September 2016. I know it must be quite frustrating, hopefully fingers crossed you will be up and running soon. :D [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tomnow

Yes finger crossed for 2020 with eir speed.😂

Well, the map has been updated again and now this cab has gone from Autumn 2016 to Autumn/Winter 2016.

Tell KN to not bother finishing this one at all. FTTH will be here before this cabinet is done.

Well, the map has been updated again and now this cab has gone from Autumn 2016 to Autumn/Winter 2016.

Tell KN to not bother finishing this one at all. FTTH will be here before this cabinet is done.
    I'm sorry to hear this MackMack

-Pamela 

Another update for this cabinet on the map. It's now been pushed back from Autumn/Winter to Winter.

Any chance that Eir can give us some sort of idea what year this cab will be enabled? We'd settle for normal uncongested broadband at this stage instead of being stuck on 1meg first gen rubbish.

Will this cab be enabled for efibre at all before the NBP forces it?
    Have OpenEir moved all their installation teams off eFibre and onto the FTTH rollout leaving the unfinished cabinets up s*** creek?

Another update for this cabinet on the map. It's now been pushed back from Autumn/Winter to Winter.

Any chance that Eir can give us some sort of idea what year this cab will be enabled? We'd settle for normal uncongested broadband at this stage instead of being stuck on 1meg first gen rubbish.

Have OpenEir moved all their installation teams off eFibre and onto the FTTH rollout leaving the unfinished cabinets up s*** creek?
    aparantley ther is no room in the current exchange for the fiber cards and more equipment i seen it for myself a joke now they need to build another small cab to add the rest of the equipment mite go to imagine now got a txt this weekend to say its available fibre 70mg eircom are ****ed now everyone wil go to imagine.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]MackMack and I can assure you works are been carried out on this cabinet which is currently in the competition stage. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

It's been in the completion stage since January. The fibre core and elec have been at it for months already. If it's true that the cab is to small for the amount of equipment needed to serve the 400 houses to be connected to it then that shows complete incompetence by whoever planned the cabinet. 
    As B says, people are going over to Imagine LTE for something a bit faster than the 1meg lines ye're currently serving the estate. And seeing as Imagine have an 18 month contract that's 18 months ye won't be getting any of these people, at which stage Siro will be up and running and they'll just switch over to them.

But thanks for at least not giving me a cut & paste answer that normally comes out in this thread.

It's been in the completion stage since January. The fibre core and elec have been at it for months already. If it's true that the cab is to small for the amount of equipment needed to serve the 400 houses to be connected to it then that shows complete incompetence by whoever planned the cabinet. 
    As B says, people are going over to Imagine LTE for something a bit faster than the 1meg lines ye're currently serving the estate. And seeing as Imagine have an 18 month contract that's 18 months ye won't be getting any of these people, at which stage Siro will be up and running and they'll just switch over to them.

But thanks for at least not giving me a cut & paste answer that normally comes out in this thread.
    No problem  MackMack, again apologies I could not offer you better news at the minute.

-Pamela 

Advertisement