Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Lynch tunnel-morning traffic

Options
  • 23-07-2015 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I got a job in Carrigtwohill and ideally would like to live in Douglas, Jacobs Island or Blackrock. Will need to be in work for 8.15/8.30 Any ideas how the tunnel traffic would be at this time? Haven't lived in Cork in a long time so have no idea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I used to commute via the tunnel from Mahon to work. During school term traffic build from around 7.15/7.30 so if you get there before that you'll be fine.

If you get there after it will take around 15-20 mins to get through. It's grand in the summer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Not a bother for that time during the summer. Bit slower on school terms, but give yourself 10 extra minutes and you'll be grand.

Congrats on job!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I come the other direction in the mornings and, outside of summer anyway, it seems very bad heading that direction to me. I come through tunnel around 8 and, at that time, the traffic heading to the tunnel from Douglas side is normally backed up to the Rochestown turnoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Yeah By 8 its normally backed up to rochestown turn off. Id see if I could start work at 7.45

Advertisement