Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year 4: "It's a game of inches"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

There goes the image of a manly voice - how a reputation can change in a few posts :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Thursday 3.1 miles easy (8.12 min pace)

Friday 6 miles easy (8.39 min pace)

Saturday Tymon Parkrun

Sunday OFF

Monday OFF

Tuesday 5 miles very easy (8.48 min pace)

My season finished with a whimper with the cancellation of the Waterford Half but wasn't too disappointed to be honest. Had the club end of year Awards the Friday night so what was intended to be a couple of drinks ended up being a 3 am job. I had said to myself that I would do the Park run as a replacement though so I was determined to get out.

Saturday morning and I was praying as I ran up to the start that I would be met with cancellation due to the weather sadly though the volunteers were out in force. (big props to them as they nearly outnumbered the field running) What was even worse was that one of the lads from the club who had missed the night before had shown up. Only getting back to fitness but kinda figured he would have me well beat.

100m in and we were already clear of the field. Hangover wasn't too bad at this stage so I figured let him dictate the pace as I knew if I pushed it the brekkie was coming up :o

1st mile was 6.06 dunno if the weather was helping slowing us down but didnt feel like we were out of second gear. Next mile we had the winds on our back again tipping along nicely. He started to gain a lead of a couple of meters however I managed to make it back going straight through some of the flooded sections as he tried to maneuver around them. This was a blessing as I reckon if he got any further ahead the invisible elastic band would have broke and he was away.

Last mile and suddenly he was falling back. Hadn't upped the effort really as I didn't have it to but I got a small lead. Decided I would try pull away a bit and get myself clear so that I could recharge batteries in case he went to come by me later. Figured having him work hard to catch up with me might take a kick out of the legs. It never came mind you and cruised in in 18.26 feeling very easy despite the weather. Kinda highlights I am in alot better knick that August when I tempo'ed the loop in 18.34 in fine conditions and that was a little more difficult.

The plan over next 2-3 weeks is just very handy mileage and break up what could be a long season.

Tuesday PM 9 miles easy (7.45 min pace)

Wednesday 6 windy miles (8.06 min pace)

Thursday AM Lactate Threshold Testing

Tuesday evening out after work and felt great. Pace came naturally despite a decently hilly loop.

Took evening off Wednesday with the Lactate Threshold testing scheduled the next morning and figured I would get a decent night sleep however that backfired as for some reason I struggled for hours to get to sleep.

In terms of the test HR seemed to be a little high (most likely from the tiredness) but didn't feel too bad during the test. Haven't got the full report back but happy with the initial feedback and figures seen after the test as it has me very aerobically strong which is exactly where I want to be with lactate clearance pretty good. One downside was a Didn't manage to even start the Vo2 max ramp test as I got a little light headed. Would have been nice to have the figures from this but not essential and I will have another round of this come the new year.

Sets me up nicely going into the new year in terms of kicking on and utilizing the strength accumulated (not to mention the test being a decent little workout in itself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

How long did you last on the treadmill?

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    How long did you last on the treadmill?

Hit 4 mmol at 18kmph which would be my LT.

Why the need for the test? Just curiosity or a specific reason?

tang1 wrote: »
    Why the need for the test? Just curiosity or a specific reason?

Meant to get one earlier in the winter anyway but this was was fortuitously a case where I was asked to do it as part of a clinical trial for a research paper.

Meant to get one earlier in the winter anyway but this was was fortuitously a case where I was asked to do it as part of a clinical trial for a research paper.

Will you be taking a new set of paces for training from the test or leave things as is?

tang1 wrote: »
    Will you be taking a new set of paces for training from the test or leave things as is?

Will wait for the report. Dunno if the paces will change all too much to be honest, LT is slightly faster than Tempo pace and between the discreprancies between treadmill and no wind probably will workout pretty close.

There might be slight changes in emphasis in sessions but to be honest this was coming in the new year anyway as part of the overall yearly plan but I will dissect report when I get it and take things into account definitely.

The more sensory feedback I can get the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Thursday 3.1 miles easy (8.12 min pace)

Friday 6 miles easy (8.39 min pace)

Saturday Tymon Parkrun

Sunday OFF

Monday OFF

Tuesday 5 miles very easy (8.48 min pace)

My season finished with a whimper with the cancellation of the Waterford Half but wasn't too disappointed to be honest. Had the club end of year Awards the Friday night so what was intended to be a couple of drinks ended up being a 3 am job. I had said to myself that I would do the Park run as a replacement though so I was determined to get out.

Saturday morning and I was praying as I ran up to the start that I would be met with cancellation due to the weather sadly though the volunteers were out in force. (big props to them as they nearly outnumbered the field running) What was even worse was that one of the lads from the club who had missed the night before had shown up. Only getting back to fitness but kinda figured he would have me well beat.

100m in and we were already clear of the field. Hangover wasn't too bad at this stage so I figured let him dictate the pace as I knew if I pushed it the brekkie was coming up :o

1st mile was 6.06 dunno if the weather was helping slowing us down but didnt feel like we were out of second gear. Next mile we had the winds on our back again tipping along nicely. He started to gain a lead of a couple of meters however I managed to make it back going straight through some of the flooded sections as he tried to maneuver around them. This was a blessing as I reckon if he got any further ahead the invisible elastic band would have broke and he was away.

Last mile and suddenly he was falling back. Hadn't upped the effort really as I didn't have it to but I got a small lead. Decided I would try pull away a bit and get myself clear so that I could recharge batteries in case he went to come by me later. Figured having him work hard to catch up with me might take a kick out of the legs. It never came mind you and cruised in in 18.26 feeling very easy despite the weather. Kinda highlights I am in alot better knick that August when I tempo'ed the loop in 18.34 in fine conditions and that was a little more difficult.

The plan over next 2-3 weeks is just very handy mileage and break up what could be a long season.

Wait....hang on...did you actually WIN the flippin park run?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Wait....hang on...did you actually WIN the flippin park run?

there are no winners in parkrun, only first finishers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

RayCun wrote: »

winner/first finisher, tomatoes/tomatoes (actually that doesn't work in writing :pac:)

RayCun wrote: »

Lol...you rock up to a park run after being out till 3am..to 'clear the head' and end up winning the thing without pukin up...thats a winner in my book :pac:

Lol...you rock up to a park run after being out till 3am..to 'clear the head' and end up winning the thing without pukin up...thats a winner in my book :pac:

Rule out

- Those running National Novice Cross Country
    - Those running Jingle Bells
    - Those not bothered chasing a time in that weather
    - Those not foolish enough to risk their safety in that weather
    - Those volunteering

Suddenly that achievement is put right in its place. I will take pride in keeping the brekkie down however :D

Rule out

- Those volunteering

Suddenly that achievement is put right in its place. I will take pride in keeping the brekkie down however :D

Haahaa...true. But I wouldnt mind wandering up to a park run after being out the night before and finishing first on second gear though! Instead of:-

- Having to abstain from alcohol from the Wednesday before (not that i'd be drinkin on a Wed normally of course :pac: )
    - Avoiding the free friday brekkie in work
    - Hardly able to swallow the brekkie because of nerves
    - Hoping during the whole journey there that it'll be cancelled
    - Praying at the Limekiln end some merciful god will put me out of my misery

All to plod home in 30 mins :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Rule out

- Those volunteering

Tymon parkrun had its lowest-ever turnout on Saturday. 19 (nineteen) people, at least three of whom were extremely hungover. There was also one small boy.

Friday OFF

Saturday OFF

Sunday OFF

Monday Upperbody Gym Session

5x8+ (last set to failure (12) ) Dumbell Bench - 30 kg
    5x8+ (last set to failure (9) ) Half Barbell Cleans - 20kg
    5x8+ (last set to failure (10) ) Barbell Bent Over Row - 30 kg
    4x12 Lateral Cable Raises - 2.5kg (about 33% of prior injury)
    4x12 BW Tricep Dips

Tuesday AM 6 miles easy (7.43 min pace)

Bit of a catch up. Last week about Monday felt a weird pain come on about monday. It was a boney pain at the head of the tibia (shin bone just below the knee joint) which was sore on touch and eccentric loading which immediately raised alarm bells with me. Because I didn't feel it while running however I put it down to a bang over the weekend that I don't remember. By Thursday it was still there though, no better, no worse so I decided to play it safe and take a few days off.

Over the weekend did a bit of manual work on it and seems to be a very mild ligament issue judging by some of the testing I did on it. Will get a second opinion on it but for now I am confident I am not doing damage by running on it so I tested out with a warm up to and from the gym Monday.

This was the first non rehab gym session that I had done since July due to shoulder but no ill effects save for major weakness on the lateral raises (which is why I added these exercises)

Following a simple progression plan (as below) for the next 6 weeks in the Gym with an upper and lower body workout per week to work on a bit of strength and power.

Week| % of Max| Set/Reps
    Week 1 | 70% |5x8+
    Week 2 | 75% |5x6+
    Week 3 | 80% |5x5+
    Week 4 | 85% |5x4+
    Week 5 | 90% |5x3+
    Week 6 | 95% |5x2+

Definitely feeling it after the session though as could barely lift the arms for the day.

Back out at it Tuesday. No major change with the knee but no ill effects either so I reckon it will heal as long as I don't do anything crazy, as loading only causes discomfort at pause point of a single leg squat.

Will definitely get it checked this week though for peace of mind and a second opinion. Not the worst time to pick up a niggle given my scheduled down time but still a weird one to get considering I haven't had a hard day as well as the volume drop in the last 3 weeks (since last race)

Tuesday PM 7 miles easy (7.35 min pace)

Wednesday 14 miles (10 Fartlek) (7.30 pace)

Handy one home feeling quite sprightly following on from the few days off.

Into the Park this morning to meet TbL for a session he was doing. The plan was to do 10 miles alternating pace each km from MP to Steady (6.55/7.30 average pace per mile). The constant pace changes were rough enough on the quads and was feeling it a bit by the end. Finished this up and ran into town to make up the long run as it saved me heading home before work. Faded a bit in the last three mile but I think it was just down to the nature of the session. All in all a decent workout though and good to get a bit of a long run as I knew I wouldn't get one in over the weekend.

Longest time in a while without an update here unfortunately the Festive season is taking its toll so I am in damage limitation mode for the next week or so between few different commitments

Thursday 4.2 miles easy (7.52 min pace)

Friday OFF

Saturday 9 miles including 3 at tempo (Park Run)

Sunday OFF

Monday 4.5 miles easy (7.36 min pace)

Tuesday AM 8.8 miles easy (7.46 min pace)
    Tuesday PM 3.2 miles easy (8.01 min pace)

Thursday was a handy lunch time run. The work Christmas party was straight after I finished my shift so didn't have time for a second one and a rough night took its toll the next day when I couldn't manage to function before I had to hit into work (thankfully was on a later shift)

Saturday was Christmas day out with the OH so I figured would use the Park run as a mini session. Had some guy head out like the clappers at around 5 min pace despite a stiff breeze. I knew he wouldn't last so I just bidded my time and despite him making about 100m on me in the first mile I slowly reeled him in and left him just before the end of mile two. Was working hard in the conditions. Followed this up with a few more miles running errands. Keeping the Tallaght AC tradition going with 3rd week in a row (and double with one of the ladies from the club top female)

Sunday was planned day off after the Saturday out and then back to it Monday before starting the manic that is Christmas shopping.

The plan for the rest of the week is simply, get out and do a few miles every day

• Advertisement

Wednesday AM 3 miles easy (8.10 min pace) + Gym
    Wednesday PM 8.2 miles easy (8.11 min pace)

Gym Session
    5x8 Deep Squat - 50kg
    5x8 Romanian Deadlift - 40 kg
    5x8 Dumbell lunges - 30 kg
    4x12 Goodmornings - 15kg
    4x12 Calf Raise - 80 kg

Had a bit of time yesterday as presents all bought and wrapped, Club Bag pack attended and wasn't back into work till today so took advantage of it and decided to get my gym session in. Tough one and knew I was gonna pay for it as I am walking like an Egyptian now. Handy one in evening after it.

Forgot about the last set to failure and only dawned on me last night but I will be letting it slide as I tend to repeat week one of my progressions next week with Upper and Lower body each once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Hi Myles, I'm only at the gym work a few weeks, my reps would be 3x5 for the heavier stuff like squats. 5 x 8 would leave me out of action for a week i reckon! did it take you a while to build up to that or do you think that's what I should be doing now? I do almost the same routine only without good mornings

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Hi Myles, I'm only at the gym work a few weeks, my reps would be 3x5 for the heavier stuff like squats. 5 x 8 would leave me out of action for a week i reckon! did it take you a while to build up to that or do you think that's what I should be doing now? I do almost the same routine only without good mornings

I actually posted the plan I am doing in a previous post (See below).

Week| % of Max| Set/Reps
    Week 1 | 70% |5x8+
    Week 2 | 75% |5x6+
    Week 3 | 80% |5x5+
    Week 4 | 85% |5x4+
    Week 5 | 90% |5x3+
    Week 6 | 95% |5x2+

This is a maximal strength development block for me. If you are new enough to strength training though I would recommend having an general prep phase a bit like the base phase you would have with your running. I didn't really post it in my training logs but I did spend the last few months doing Body weight movements and resistance band work for anatomical adaptation

Effectively I would have 3 sets of 15-20 reps at 40-60% of 1RM (The maximum you could lift for one rep). This allows the developments of ligaments and tendons to adapt to be able to handle strength training.

From here have to decide what the aim is - Building muscle mass or developing power. Both can be important as generally you will need a hypertrophy phase at some stage to increase max strength if plateau's and likewise you need a max strength phase to actually convert larger muscles into power and speed.

For Hypertrophy (building muscle mass) aim should be 8-12 reps at around 60-70% of One Rep Max and doing 3-5 sets depending.

For Max Strength you should be going for approx 75-90% One Rep Max but should be longer recoveries between sets and only doing 3-5 reps

With weight training though golden rules

- Form over weight - You will get more from a good depth squat with half the weight if done correctly. Always focus on the muscles you are targetting rather than getting the weight from A to B. Not to mention you will save yourself injury wise

- Leave the Ego at the door. Lift heavy relative to you as mentioned before its about targeting particular muscles with correct intensity. All weight is not equal and is relative to your own body weight.

With regards general guidelines regarding weights here are some figures for starting points if you don't know your 1 Rep Max

Deadlift - Start at 75% Bodyweight
    Squat - Start at Bodyweight
    Bench - Start at 50% Bodyweight

To give you at example I would consider myself relatively Novice (thought not untrained) but here are my figures in relation to bodyweight

Current Bodyweight: 60 kg

Max
    Deadlift: 60 kg (grip strength not up to scratch)
    Squat: 85 kg
    Bench: 45 kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

that's a good read myles thanks. did you find it affects your running sessions at all?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    that's a good read myles thanks. did you find it affects your running sessions at all?

1st time I took my lifting seriously was Winter 2013. Along with decent training it allowed me break the following PB's in the space of 6 weeks

3k, 10k (ran same time twice in this period), 10 mile and paced a marathon

Definitely makes a huge difference. Aimed to try and do the sessions the day of or day after workouts as no way i would have managed sessions with the DOMS (although become more manageable)

Thursday OFF

Friday 2 mile warm up, goal mile (5.31 approx)

Saturday Approx 14 miles (including 2.7 mile club race)

Leaving work the 24th it dawned on me that the watch was left at the desk (subconciously trying to tell me something I guess :o) Between working till six, wrapping presents and getting up to family home meant I didn't have a chance to run so took it as a rest day.

Goal Mile
    Christmas morning then a handy jog down to the club for the goal mile. Not quite in PB shape from the night before but wasn't feeling completely terrible either. Due to the weather they weren't having the clock reset for every race and was a bit of a free for all so me and two other lads lined up for one race and headed off.

I took the lead with the lads in toe though in truth was handy enough pace (though feeling harder than it should at around 82 sec lap) and this stage the lads pushed on a little and I tucked in. One of the guys is a 800m with 50.x speed so he was relying on a kick I was kinda thinking myself as the stomach wouldn't be able to hack a hard effort. With 250 to go I made a move though the other lad put the after burners on and left me for dust. I knew it was too far to sustain it so I tried to be sneaky. I slowed again and so did he and tried to move out into lane 5 and kick from there to catch him by surprise It worked to an extent as I caught back up to him but ran out of track to pass him.

Stephens Day Run

Club have a Kris Kindle race every year where everyone brings a present and your finishing order is the prize picking order. Met up with a few of the lads for an hour run before the race just to get a long run done for the day.

The race itself was an interesting one. Started off with about 7 of us in a line almost at the front in possibly slowest race pace we have ever ran. Notions of a Kiely/Krusty hand holding across the line looked a distinct possibility after 400m. This was however short lived as I heard the words "Kenyan run!!! " shouted followed by a crazed lunatic sprinting at top end speed coming past us. (none other than everyone's favourite bathtub presenter TRR)

As the chuckles settled down at this the it dawned on me that he wasn't letting up so I gave chase and suddenly the race was on. There was 5 of us at this stage involved in the race, normally all varying abilities but the degree of hangover was a distinct leveller, The lad in front had taken it easy the day before due to travel commitments, myself feeling a damn sight better for having the hour run done previously, TRR had been undone at this stage but not one but two separate lacing issues, then the other two lads from the Goal mile the day before.

Following on from TRR's surge the lad out in front had grown a good lead with myself and another lad a good bit back battling away. I knew the guy in front was slowing but I also knew that If I pushed it there was a fear of a DNF so I pushed as hard as I could without actually having to dig in.

A few more miles to round off the day and actually resulted in a decent week of training considering time of year thats in it.

Given that I had a name change and hadn't posted here for a couple on months in the Spring thought it best to update the goings on of the year. Overall despite only breaking one PB (2 if you included my debut in the race walk) I was very pleased with the year overall.

January

After an overindulgent December I got back into training in earnest with the aim of working on speed at shorter distances. As such I decided to target indoors. Training was a little bit wishy washy but was getting the sessions in and getting used to the lactic. To cap the month off had a 1500m Felt in good shape but I just think I was missing a bit of race fitness and wheels came undone in the last 500m.

February
    February same again sharper sessions were going well but mileage was a bit haphazard missed the Leinster championships and my chance at a rare 800m due to work commitments but had a 3000m and my first National Seniors Championships. Ultimately this was a disaster. Aim had always been to hang on and try get dragged around for a good time but when a few over exuberant younger lads decided to take it out at sub 8 minute pace this became a last man standing battle of attrition and though I did finish I was way off the back in a slow time.

March
    This was a case of back to what I knew and my more usual distance training. There was no race here as I knew I was lacking strength and needed to build it up. Highlight was some very solid sessions while on warm weather training in Portugal with the old college athletics team. Not as many distance runners as there used to be for these trips but was still good to have some company.

April
    With a good stint of training under the belt I got fully into race mode at this stage. Started with Leinster 10 mile where I finished 16th, solid effort and I reckon in or around the same as I managed the previous year effort wise although course was a bit slower due to more twists and turns, a decent rust buster though.

The following week lined up for Road relays. It was a little windy and there was a decent group so I tried to tag in for the first mile (4.58) but ultimately this pace was a little hot and fell off the back as the group broke up and finished in 10.32 (10.23 but slightly longer than 2 mile) and a solid performance with fastest split on course ever.

Followed this up with Dublin 10k Championships and first race back on the track. Was looking forward to this one as it was a dry run for the target race as there are very few 10k track races. Ended up only being 5 of us all at varying levels so was a glorified Time Trial but still managed to get within a second of my PB so was happy with the effort and always good to get a county medal as finished 3rd.

May
    Possibly due to the high number of races or possibly just overdoing it but ended up sick the week after the 10k which knocked me for seven. Thought I nipped it in the bud but energy levels were gone and this was made evident when I tried to race 3 days after getting back to running. Ran a 3k in the graded despite sweating profusely the first 2 km didn't feel too bad and I was on PB pace. This came to a crashing end though as I went from 9.20-9.50 pace in the space of 1km.

The following week was the target race of the first half of the year and although I was coming around I was still not 100%. Despite this went to London and hoped it would just click on the night. Gave it my all in the perfect race to hit a PB and despite hitting the target of 16.48 at 5k (had ran 16.50 for my last PB) I couldn't sustain it and fell off to 34.50 roughly 40 seconds slower than 3 weeks previously. Not the time I wanted but was such a great race I couldn't be truly disappointed.

June

Sickness finally shaken and was eager to have a good crack at 5k. Lined up in Dublin Championships where actually ended up racing one of the guys I had been training with in Portugal earlier in the season. Lost that battle but did manage to break my longest standing PB (stood for over 10 years) by 5 seconds so was delighted. This was followed up with a holiday that led to me being confined to 40 min treadmill runs due to temperatures and traffic (Marrakech not runner friendly) Came back with a 9.28 3k much improved on my previous two of the year but still a bit off PB.

July
    A very humid 9.32 3k to start the beginning of the end. National Leagues and a crack of the Steeple PB was on the horizon however two days before the race I came off the bike. The result? broken collarbone and torn ligaments in the shoulder put an end to the season. Did end up competing in the Leagues but this was strictly for points in the Walk as we don't have any walkers in the club, still 4th place in Premier was a decent one for points tally which sadly wasn't enough to keep us in top division

August
    Plenty of spin bike and rehab until I was able to get out running. Spent five weeks running off HR very easy just building a base. Paces were slow but were what was needed at the time.

September
    Back to sessions and started with XC training. Mileage and paces were not exceptionally high in comparison to other years but consistency was there and definitely better than previously.

October
    Time to test out the revised paces and see where I was. Surprisingly went very well with highest Novice finish ever (14th). Ran well and was optimistic for the season based off the result given limited sessions I had done since July

November
    Another heavy racing month with Dublin intermediates and Seniors both exceeding expectations, and even managed to squeeze in a bonus race in Interclubs which was a fantastic race and great to be put in your place in a really deep field while trying to remain competitive with the guys you have been racing week in and week out over the winter. In terms of the whole winter XC was definitely a successful season. It's nice to get PB's and that but there is also a nice feeling around basing your performances off how you raced as well.

December
    A few weeks to recharge the batteries without sessions. A few Park runs as tempo's to keep me ticking over but other than that nothing too drastic. Slowly reintroduced weight sessions also and a Lactate Threshold Test to help confirm that aerobically I have come through a good winter to kick on from.

Overall race was probably alot more active this year in comparison to other

Jan| National Indoor Leagues - 1500m| 4.23.53|
    Feb|National Senior Indoors - 3000m|9:48.02|
    Apr| Brian Boru 10m| 58.43|
    Apr| National Road Relays| 10.33|
    Apr| Dublin 10k Championships| 34.11.19|
    May| Dublin Gradeds| 9.53.43|
    May| Highgate Night of 10,000m PBs| 34.51.11|
    June| Dublin 5k Championships| 16.27.04| PB
    June| Dublin Graded 3000m| 9.28.40|
    July| Dublin Graded 3000m| 9.32.32|
    July| National Leagues - 3000m Walk| 4th|
    Oct| Dublin Novice Cross Country| 14th| Highest Placing
    Nov| Dublin Senior Cross Country| 46th|
    Nov| National Inter Clubs Cross Country| 123rd|
    Nov| Dublin Intermediates Cross Country|13th| Highest Placing|

Jan| Raheny 5 mile| 27.45|
    Feb| Marlay Park Run |17.49|
    Mar| Bohermeen HM| 1.16.12|PB
    Mar| Tralee Marathonl| 3.00.04| Pacer
    Apr| K Club 10k| 34.10|PB
    Apr| Brian Boru 10M| 57.27|PB
    Apr| 3000m Graded meet| 9.20.02|PB
    May| Limerick Marathon| 2.59.25|Pacer
    May| 10000m Graded Meet| 34.10.02|=PB
    May| National League Rd. 1 - 3000m S/C| 10.38|
    June| National Leagues 3000m S/C| 10.43|
    June|National Leagues 5000m| 17.20|
    July| Donadea 5k| 17.54|
    August| Tymon Park Run| 19.04|
    September| Dublin Novice XC||
    Oct| BHAA 4 mile XC | |
    Nov| Dublin Intermediate XC||
    Dec| Waterford HM |1.16.01|PB

27-Jan| Raheny 5 mile| 28.39|
    22-Feb| Malahide Park Run |17.17|
    17-Mar| Tubbercurry 10k| 37.03|
    20-Mar| Club 1500m time trial| 4.27|
    14-Apr| Great Ireland Run| 36.49|
    02-May| Graded Meet - 800m| 2.10.43|
    13-May| Tom Byrne 5k| 17.06|
    16-May| Graded meet - 1500m| 4.28.16|
    27-May| National Leagues 3000m S/C| 10.58|
    30-May| Graded Meet - 1 mile| 4.54.39|
    08-Aug| Dublin Rock and Roll Half| 1.25.11|
    06-Oct| Kilcock Kilomathon| 1.49.22|
    31-Oct| Dublin Marathon | 3.00.17|
    01-Dec| Dublin Intermediate XC||
    14-Dec| Marlay Parkrun |17.18|
    22-Dec| Clonliffe Cracker 5k| 16.46

Jan|Raheny 5|27.21| PB|
    Feb|Garda 4 mile XC| 23.51||
    Feb| Interclubs XC|41.07|Course best|
    Mar|DCC 4 mile|21.40|PB|
    Jun|National Leagues 3k S/C|11.12||
    Jun| Midsummer 5k|17.34||
    July|National Leagues|10.27|PB|
    Sept|National Half|82.46||
    Sept|Bhaa 10k|35.24||
    Sept|Dublin Half|76.20|PB|
    Sept|Liz McDonnell 5k XC|17.48||
    Oct|Tallaght 5 mile|28.05||

• Advertisement

I have already posted my goals but it is time to actually get down to Target races. This year will be geared around Championship races as a club team for a number of reasons but the main ones I have in mind where I want PB's are;

Feb 28th | Torrvieja Half Marathon
    May 21st | Highgate Night of 10,000m PBs
    June (calendar on AAI appears to be Broke) | National Seniors 10,000m
    October | DCM

Advertisement