Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Contactless not under warranty?

Options
  • 23-07-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

So over the last couple of months the contactless functionality on my visa debit card has been degrading (taking longer and longer to work) up until the point where it has stopped working altogether. 

I rang BOI and was informed I would have to pay 8 euro for a replacement.

This doesn't really feel right to me as my card doesn't expire until 2017, surely the Bank/Visa/Gemalto have some sort of guarantee on their chip working until it says it will work?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

sgueret wrote: »
    Hi there,

So over the last couple of months the contactless functionality on my visa debit card has been degrading (taking longer and longer to work) up until the point where it has stopped working altogether. 

I rang BOI and was informed I would have to pay 8 euro for a replacement.

This doesn't really feel right to me as my card doesn't expire until 2017, surely the Bank/Visa/Gemalto have some sort of guarantee on their chip working until it says it will work?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Shane
    Hi Shane,

Sorry to hear this. Can we ask you to send us a private message and we will arrange for a representative to call you back in relation to this.

Please include your name and contact number. Please don’t include your account numbers in the private message. To send a private message, click on the link in my signature below.

Have a good day.

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sgueret

Just want to say thanks BOI. Speedy response, very nice on the phone and was informed I shouldn't have been charged and they've waived the fee. 

Regards,
    Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thanks for the lovely feedback Shane, 

We're delighted to hear this is all resolved for you now and if we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement