Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races - Only a few days to go

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Probably? I think it tends to cater for the older crowd in general. I've never actually been in the place though.

I was in halo last night myself, did see any sign of hassle. Surprised to read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I was in halo last night myself, did see any sign of hassle. Surprised to read this.

In fairness youd be surprised by anything which was remotely negative during race week. Town was apparently packed with older, redneck type gents lastnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Are there many 50-something in Halo during RaceWeek?

http://galwaybayfm.ie/garda-appeal-following-assault-city-nightclub/

Not a huge shock. Seems like something like this happens every year. Wasn't a lad beaten badly down by Mill St a couple of years ago. And another fella in Eyre Square before that. 6 women were attacked in broad daylight one other year.

But then, if there's a bank holiday or busy night something like this also seems to happen...maybe with more consistency during Race Week, though..I guess because of the size of the crowd.

There should probably be more of an effort made to eradicate this kind of behavior, it's all too common.

I'm hoping the Gardaí are not back to turning a blind eye to drink drivers for the week. I can remember that from when I was younger. It scared the bejaysus out of me. You'd have guys p1ssed drunk going out of the parking lot and down the hill out the gate with the Gardaí right there watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Walking down Shop Street tonight. Packed at the fork.
    Some guy was doing the "hang onto this bar for 2 mins and win 100 euro" challenge. I was whisked away before the end, hope he won it.

• Advertisement

In fairness youd be surprised by anything which was remotely negative during race week. Town was apparently packed with older, redneck type gents lastnight.

No, I was surprised that I or some of my group didn't see some commotion in the club when someone was attacked not that I don't believe it would happen.

I thought town was actually okish last night (Thursday) but the crowd as the races wasn't great, too many rough idiots. It's only the thursday they come out so I think an entry policy needs to be introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

biko wrote: »
    Walking down Shop Street tonight. Packed at the fork.
    Some guy was doing the "hang onto this bar for 2 mins and win 100 euro" challenge. I was whisked away before the end, hope he won it.

He did! :pac:

Advertisement