Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep & Trailer Speed Limit

Options
  • 23-07-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So I’m driving along the M7 northbound last Saturday evening at 120km and I spot in the rear view mirror a jeep and horsebox behind in the distance, which I notice that it is travelling at great speed and defo not 80km as before I knew it, it has overtaken me, absolutely motoring it, with 2 large horses in the horsebox. Between the weight of the horsebox and horses inside, isn’t reckless of a driver to be travelling at this speed, especially with the jeep being the Garda Mounted Unit! So when I went to go about to complain via email on the garda.ie website but unfortunately there isn’t any contact details for this Mounted Unit Section; so how does one contact them, without appearing as a nuisance?! As I think that really isn’t fair that the rest of us have gone to the bother of keeping to the speed limit ( with some doing a theory test and doing the trailer test); particularly when considering the combined weight of trailer and horses that you may have to brake suddenly, or had to swerve due to cross winds or if a lorry overtakes on a motorway. Just seems to me like reckless behaviour as I would think that the mounted unit should really lead by example or if not do same as ourselves as in sticking to the speed limit set for pulling a trailer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

http://www.gardaombudsman.ie/complaints/complaints.html

Above is the only way to make a complaint about the gardai.

Paragraphs and normal font would make your post easier to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Post it to the Garda twitter page if you have twitter, you'll get more of a response there!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Raised Eyebrow

I spotted them today with 2 horses on board also doing 120 kms in the fast lane of the N7 going towards city today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TippTopp

Hi Guys,
    Just emailed the RSA on this issue, as previously contacted the Garda Ombudsman but apparently they only investigate complaints that there has been wrong doing or if I've been unfairly treated by the guards which isn't really the case. I'll keep everyone posted on how I get on.
    Thanks as well for the extra spotting of the mounted unit as been chatting with others and they have spotted same too on different occasions but I just couldn't believe my eyes when I seen that Saturday evening myself.
    Thanks again

Advertisement