Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID CTTV set

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Be aware that the cameras with this are very low resolution (480TVL) and may not suit what you want the system for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭cannotcope

wait4me wrote: »
    Be aware that the cameras with this are very low resolution (480TVL) and may not suit what you want the system for.
    thanks what would the average resolution be?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

700tvl or above is now the norm for analogue CCTV systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Complete crap: the blurb is even more fancuiful than the blurb on a similar piece of crap I bought.

Fit the cameras as a deterrent maybe but don't both connecting them up!
    :)
    Fully featured including a D1 digital video recorder (DVR) with HD output, preinstalled WD Purple hard drive and 480TVL HomeGuard DIY Outdoor CCTV Cameras. Features a clear, simple user interface and automatic setup (subject to your local ISP and router settings) for viewing live footage on your computer, tablet or smartphone, accessible from anywhere in the world. Records footage continuously for 25 - 100 hours from multiple CCTV cameras.

Installing this HomeGuard DIY CCTV security kit could be the most effective step you ever take to secure your home or business. It will help to protect against criminal activity and actively deter criminals from targeting your property. HomeGuard CCTV can also provide vital evidence in the event of a crime being committed and protect you against litigation and false accusations. With the ability to view live footage through your smartphone, tablet or computer, this HomeGuard CCTV kit will offer you peace of mind, wherever you are in the world.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭cannotcope

Complete crap: the blurb is even more fancuiful than the blurb on a similar piece of crap I bought.

Fit the cameras as a deterrent maybe but don't both connecting them up!
    :)
    Fully featured including a D1 digital video recorder (DVR) with HD output, preinstalled WD Purple hard drive and 480TVL HomeGuard DIY Outdoor CCTV Cameras. Features a clear, simple user interface and automatic setup (subject to your local ISP and router settings) for viewing live footage on your computer, tablet or smartphone, accessible from anywhere in the world. Records footage continuously for 25 - 100 hours from multiple CCTV cameras.

Installing this HomeGuard DIY CCTV security kit could be the most effective step you ever take to secure your home or business. It will help to protect against criminal activity and actively deter criminals from targeting your property. HomeGuard CCTV can also provide vital evidence in the event of a crime being committed and protect you against litigation and false accusations. With the ability to view live footage through your smartphone, tablet or computer, this HomeGuard CCTV kit will offer you peace of mind, wherever you are in the world.
    where is the blurb wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will help to protect against criminal activity and actively deter criminals from targeting your property. HomeGuard CCTV can also provide vital evidence in the event of a crime being committed and protect you against litigation and false accusations.

But it might not if it doesn't have digital watermarking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭kirving

cannotcope wrote: »
    where is the blurb wrong?

With say a hand held camera, an argument is often made that, all else being equal, a lower resolution can be better than a higher resolution, as with the lower resolution camera, the individual pixels can be bigger, and thus lest more light in (and be better at night). This is usually the case for a 8MP Canon camera versus say a 14MP Lidl special offer.

Here the resolution of 480 TV lines though is so terrible that you won't see any detail. It's 6 times less than RTE broadcast at, so you have absolutely zero hops of identifying a criminal off the footage.

Advertisement