Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breach of Contract???

Options
  • 23-07-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I'm an old O2 customer. Three Ireland have been unable to provide me any bill for my phone since the switchover..... "there is an issue with my account". I am on DD and just get a text message to tell me whats due and the date it will come out. I am unable to login to view a bill. They have been unable to resolve this problem.
    Would this be considered a breach of contract? Are they not legally obliged to provide me with a copy of my bill every month? Adding to the fact that the amount take from my account is more often than not more than what I signed up for with O2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Do you have a copy of your contract terms and conditions? It'd only constitute a breach of contract if the provision of invoices is stated.

From a legal point of view I don't think invoices need to be provided unless you are both VAT registered.

When you say that the amount taken by direct debit doesn't match what you signed up for, does it at least match what they include in the text they send you? If it doesn't, then they are in breach of the SEPA rules for direct debits in relation to advance notice of amount taken.

Can they issue postal invoices if the system isn't letting you access them online? Also, can they not tell you why your amount charged doesn't match what you'd expect it to, i.e. are you incurring out of bundle charges etc. Their customer care should be able to access this (or you would hope they could - I've never experienced O2/3 customer support.)

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to establish the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

In my contract regarding billing it does say that 'they will provide me with an electronic or paperbill every month. All new customers will be set up on a paperless bill by direct debit....' I am one of those customers.
    The amount they take every month does match what they text me.
    To be honest they amount they take varies every month but only by a few euro over what I signed up for. This doesn't really bother me as it's only a small amount. I would like to know tho if I can use this and the fact that they are unable to provide me with a bill is grounds for me to terminate my contract as I'm going round in circles now for the last 6 months and just can't get it sorted.
    As for 'customer service'......Three Ireland are most certainly lacking in that department. Unhelpful at best and rude and ignorant at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

The amount you signed up for is the minimum monthly amount that you will be charged and will be increased by items such as out of bundle minutes and texts

Three have given you advance notification of the amount that they will be taking from your account

I think Three are having a lot of problems porting O2 customers over to their network as the O2 network infrastructure was so poor due to a lack of investment by Telephonica over a number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Hi OP, If you like I can move this to the official Talk To... Three forum? The reps there might be able to help resolve your difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you get them to post you the bill while your waiting for them to sort your account online..

• Advertisement
Advertisement