Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camp WWE

• 23-07-2015 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Anyone else kinda looking forward to this? It's supposed to be South Park meets WWE.

From the Wrestling Observer:
    Executive Producers Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, Eric Towner and John Harvatine and casting directors Ruth Lambert and Robert McGee are looking for voice over work for the taping of "Camp WWE" cartoon for the WWE network. The shows will be taped on 8/9 in Los Angeles and all those doing voice work will be paid $906. It will be a non-union shoot. The characters are very much an interesting twist because it so much involves the reality of the organization right now. The head of the camp is Vince McMahon, who is supposed to be 50 years old, a big brash, egomaniacal billionaire as well as a loving father who hates complaining campers and ass kissing subordinates, but loves money and power and is always thinking of new ways to run down his competition. The character is described and scripted with this line that you'll just love: "Clearly, the most intelligent character on the show." Triple H, also called Hunter, is a 14-15 year old Co-head camp counselor, tough and intimidating, a vindictive prankster who is always trying to get the respect of Vince McMahon and always trying to win the love of his daughter. He considers himself to be highly intelligent "but still has a long way to go." Stephanie is the other Co-head camp counselor, 14-15 years old. She has all of her father's traits, arrogant, intimidating, ruthless, but lacks the maturity to get the job done. She tries to run the camp but runs to her father at the first sign of trouble. "She's beautiful, bold, confrontational and fearless." John Cena plays an eight year old, the "most adorable, cheery, upbeat boy scout type," a cute goody two-shoes who will do anything to bring happiness to other campers. But even though he's a great kid, he's a polarizing figure at the camp who is sometimes used by others to do their dirty work and annoys people because he never gives up at anything and is always trying to inspire others. Undertaker is the scariest eight-year-old, a large gothic kid obsessed with death and mystical powers. His character is based on, you'll love this, Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy with a touch of Satin thrown in. Big Show is a big, dumb and gentle eight year old. He's both childlike and monstrous in size. He doesn't understand his own strength, nor the meaning of any word with more than two syllables. They want him to be an eight-year-old Homer Simpson. Mark Henry is "African American" (thank God for that), who loves girls and food. He brags that he knows everything about women, except it comes out he knows nothing about women, but he's the strongest eight-year-old in the world. Hulk Hogan is a camp legend who is huge, powerful and charismatic, but tired from being old and being from a different era, but he still tries to connect with everyone by calling them "brother." Brie Bella is cunning, cute and sneaky. Nikki Bella is the tomboy of the twin sisters, and has the best body of all the women campers. Sometimes they switch places on unsuspecting campers. Ric Flair is five years older than everyone else in camp, rides in limos and jet planes, is cocky, always styling and profiling, and he's the dirtiest kid in camp who shocks Vince McMahon with stories of his sexual conquests. The comedy is when they make the rich kid live in the wild with nature, so he's the pampered rich kid character being taken out of his environment. R-Truth is another African-American, who is neither big nor bright, but he's funny and drives people crazy with his misguided theories on why things are what they are, but he's also the most gullible camper who always gives you second and third hand information that is almost impossible to believe, which is ironic because his name is "Truth.".

Some of the character descriptions are....interesting to say the least.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

People thought it was just Meltzer humour in the newsletter but this IS real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sounds like the sort of thing that would be hilarious if it was made by a third party but being made by the WWE itself with the usual terrible writers and focus group nonsense it will probably just be incredibly cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,820 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The South Park Wrestling episode that aired a few years ago was brillent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Kevin Owens - Constantly harassed by his friends over his weight issues - 'I'm not fat, I'm big boned!' - he is always willing to turn on his pals in order to get ahead.

Sheamus - Often mocked for being a ginger. Insists he has a soul.

Zach Ryder - Gets killed every episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Kevin Owens - Constantly harassed by his friends over his weight issues - 'I'm not fat, I'm big boned!' - he is always willing to turn on his pals in order to get ahead.
    "You will respect the Authoritah"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dolph Ziggler = Jimmy. Thinks he's a comedian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Nikki Bella is the tomboy of the twin sisters, and has the best body of all the women campers.

Eh how old is she supposed to be?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dolph Ziggler = Jimmy. Thinks he's a comedian.

side point- has anyone seen ziggler do stand up? all I hear is how sh!t he is, now I have seen some really sh!t stand up (hell I was responsible for some of it in my time) and I am mad curious to see ziggles!

Back on topic - I think having Seth Green involved could make this really good, his work on Robot Chicken is just brilliant and he is a massive fan so he can toe the line with the company whilst at the same time being actually funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Sounds brutal, don't know how anyone could be even slightly optimistic about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds brutal, don't know how anyone could be even slightly optimistic about it.

Wrestling fans! Naturally optimistic! Then quickly jaded and bitter :) "you keep asking for Sting to come back, and when he finally does, you're like 'oh, wear a hat'! "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wrestling fans! Naturally optimistic! Then quickly jaded and bitter :) "you keep asking for Sting to come back, and when he finally does, you're like 'oh, wear a hat'! "
    Oh it could be good, but it's going to be designed for children from the age of 8 downwards if Slam City is anything to go by. Scavenger summed it up well to be fair:
    Sounds like the sort of thing that would be hilarious if it was made by a third party but being made by the WWE itself with the usual terrible writers and focus group nonsense it will probably just be incredibly cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Oh it could be good, but it's going to be designed for children from the age of 8 downwards if Slam City is anything to go by.

Isn't Camp WWE supposed to be rated TV MA? As in what shows like Family Guy and South Park are. Doubt you'll be getting Slam City.

There's no point in hating on something before you see it or it plays out. It's such a funny thing to see all the time and it's not just in wrestling. People have seen less than 15 seconds of Jared Leto as the joker and are already saying he'll be s#!te but will still go see the film to either say it proves he's S#ite or to say he was good and they knew he would be.

It'll be the same with Camp WWE. Some people are moaning already but they'll still watch it and say how good or bad it is.

Just wait until we get a proper trailer or pilot before panning the thing. I have faith in Seth Green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I assume they're going to have to ditch the Hulk Hogan character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I can see it starting of as an adult cartoon along the lines of south Park but eventually a kid will see it and a parent will complain that it's not suitable so it'll get turned into a generic cartoon.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    I assume they're going to have to ditch the Hulk Hogan character?

For an adult TV show a racist old man might be perfect

Advertisement