Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Venue / Nightclub Older Couple

• 23-07-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Could really do with a dig out...

Looking for somewhere to go on Friday night, for a special occasion...
    Don't really know the scene in Limerick, so looking for ideas.
    Should say that our idea of good music includes Tina Turner, Neil Diamond, Wolfe Tones...

Anything is up for grabs, other than a restaurant, the more upmarket/romantic the better.
    Ideally somewhere with music, ideally Irish/Folk.
    A venue with late dancing would be good, too.

Would consider travelling a little, if the venue was worth it.

All suggestions welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hi Guys,

Could really do with a dig out...

Looking for somewhere to go on Friday night, for a special occasion...
    Don't really know the scene in Limerick, so looking for ideas.
    Should say that our idea of good music includes Tina Turner, Neil Diamond, Wolfe Tones...

Anything is up for grabs, other than a restaurant, the more upmarket/romantic the better.
    Ideally somewhere with music, ideally Irish/Folk.
    A venue with late dancing would be good, too.

Would consider travelling a little, if the venue was worth it.

All suggestions welcome...

:confused: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

endacl wrote: »
    :confused: :pac:

Well, at a pinch, a venue with a singsong might, jus about mind you, get it over the line.
    In that case, you could add on any kind of ballads you can think of, as well.

Now, ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭squonk

I like my folk and sessions and there's damn all int he city. I'd head to Galway for a weekend if you can. You'll have loads of options there based on your requirements.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Late dancing? Showing your age there.
    There isn't really anywhere in Limerick that caters to an older crowd or what your looking for. The nightclubs cater for 18-25 and none of the late bars would play what your looking for either (nor would they qualify as romantic).
    The only place I've seen that type of thing is local bars when they get music in at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I had a look at the Limerick post just now and there are trad sessions in the Locke and Dolans on Friday, the one in the Locke could well be a ballad session as that is something that I've seen there quite a lot. Lovely venue right next to the river. The George bar(hotel) is also advertising live music, there are some nice pubs in that part of town that might suit ye're tastes as well.
    Good luck, hope you have a great night, you'll probably end up in Nancy's once the booze takes away the inhibitions.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

I think The White House (O'Connell Street) has a DJ playing "golden oldies" at the weekend. You'll probably get the likes of Tina Turner/Neil Diamond there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

The Pery Hotel on Glenthworth street usually have set dancing and live music, not 100% sure if it's a Friday or Saturday. Give them a shout and see http://www.perys.ie/. As said Dolans has Trad 7 nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

adaminho wrote: »
    The Pery Hotel on Glenthworth street usually have set dancing and live music, not 100% sure if it's a Friday or Saturday. Give them a shout and see http://www.perys.ie/. As said Dolans has Trad 7 nights.

They seem to get a great crowd also - we live in the area and its choc-a-block when its on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Got sorted, thanks a million, everyone ...

Advertisement