Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playgrounds Dub Sth

• 23-07-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

These are my regulars:
    Honey Park
    Peoples Park
    Kilbogget
    Killiney Hill
    Shanganagh Park
    Blackrock Park

Are there any other decent playgrounds in and around the area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Cabinteely park used to have a great one, haven't been there is a few years though so not sure what it's like now

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭frash

Ruby31 wrote: »
    These are my regulars:
    Honey Park
    Peoples Park
    Kilbogget
    Killiney Hill
    Shanganagh Park
    Blackrock Park

Are there any other decent playgrounds in and around the area?

small one in Springhill in Blackrock
    Beside this tennis club

there's one in Dalkey beside the GAA club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭frash

uch wrote: »
    Cabinteely park used to have a great one, haven't been there is a few years though so not sure what it's like now

Still there. Still good.

Just remembered there's one in Booterstown too near the train station.
    Also one on Carysfort Ave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

uch wrote: »

I forgot to list Cabinteely! That's another one we often go to.

frash wrote: »
    small one in Springhill in Blackrock
    Beside this tennis club

there's one in Dalkey beside the GAA club

Will give them a try thanks!

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »
    Still there. Still good.

Just remembered there's one in Booterstown too near the train station.
    Also one on Carysfort Ave

Great thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Have you not been to Marlay park yet? It has a brilliant playground! and on the weekend you can catch a ride on the model train which has been running for years (summer time only i think!) and it is free. plenty of Ducks to be fed up there too!

Have you not been to Marlay park yet? It has a brilliant playground! and on the weekend you can catch a ride on the model train which has been running for years (summer time only i think!) and it is free. plenty of Ducks to be fed up there too!

Also forgot to list Marlay! Yes, I've been there loads of times. The lack of sleep is affecting my memory!! I didn't know there was a train though. My kids would love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Ruby31 wrote: »
    Also forgot to list Marlay! Yes, I've been there loads of times. The lack of sleep is affecting my memory!! I didn't know there was a train though. My kids would love that.

And don't forget the Fairy Tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

yep there is a train that runs for two hours once a week, its not too far from the big playground, not sure how to descripbe how to get there, it is on the way from the big playground to the main house, there is a little sign on the fence.

and yes the fairy tree!I love looking at all the little notes that children pin to the tree, make sure and bring a little torch or use the one on your phone, you can look inside the windows and see little bedrooms and kitchens set up inside... very cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

We have come a long way. When our kids were small 20 years ago you really only had Marley Park. Now there are high quality playgrounds scattered throughout the area. DLR got this one right despite all the criticism they get..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,589 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    We have come a long way. When our kids were small 20 years ago you really only had Marley Park. Now there are high quality playgrounds scattered throughout the area. DLR got this one right despite all the criticism they get..

Well they built houses in all the fields that we used to play in :( (where do the kids go knacker drinking now )
    So they had to build playground s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Deerpark mount merrion is lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Bushy Park is a nice spot. The playground is pretty good and they also have a skate / bmx park. The duck pond is great up there too.

Nearby there is also Rathfarnham Castle park. They have a nice playground next to a small duck pond.

Deerpark mount merrion is lovely

Went there last week! Kids loved it. I've been doing the rounds since I posted!

Bushy Park is a nice spot. The playground is pretty good and they also have a skate / bmx park. The duck pond is great up there too.

Nearby there is also Rathfarnham Castle park. They have a nice playground next to a small duck pond.

Great, thanks. I just looked Bushy Park up on google maps. I didn't realise it was so close.

Will try Rathfarnham Castle too.

Appreciate your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

I noticed tonight that the park at Otranto Place Sandycove was closed off and it looks like some exploratory groundworks have taken place. I had heard that the park was to be redeveloped, but have no idea if a playground is to be part of it. Probably not, but one to keep an eye out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Unlikely with Peoples Park big playground so close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I noticed tonight that the park at Otranto Place Sandycove was closed off and it looks like some exploratory groundworks have taken place. I had heard that the park was to be redeveloped, but have no idea if a playground is to be part of it. Probably not, but one to keep an eye out for.

that's a gym, not a playground, well in the summer anyway. in the winter it's a swamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Some harder to find ones:
    Rockfield
    Stillorgan Heath
    Blackrock Carysfort Avenue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

Tymon Park
    Belarmine
    Herbert Park
    Park opposite Nutgrove Shopping Centre
    Park opposite Square in Tallaght
    Palmerston Park in Dartry (not far from the new one in Windy Arbour)

Hi all,

I am putting together a list/ map of playgrounds in the Dublin area as this is something that I would find useful.
    This thread has helped me find some playgrounds that I wasn't aware of, so thank you!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z4WNkEM1GP28.khiSScsXC1wI&usp=sharing

I wonder could someone help me out though? I can't seem to find the Deerpark playground on Google Maps - I guess it must be new? What part of the park is it in?
    Also, I can't find the Windy Arbour one mentioned above - where is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Think I have both of them up on OpenStreetMap. Deerpark is in NE corner. Windy Arbor's is on Patrick Doyle road. On phone so can't send links right now.

Great, thanks a lot, I was able to find them both now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

fjon wrote: »
    Some harder to find ones:
    Rockfield
    Stillorgan Heath
    Blackrock Carysfort Avenue

Where's the one in rockfield?

McGaggs wrote: »
    Where's the one in rockfield?

Sorry, I was thinking of the one off the Carysfort road, not Rockfield. That one has already been mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Great map Fjon!. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

fjon wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am putting together a list/ map of playgrounds in the Dublin area as this is something that I would find useful.
    This thread has helped me find some playgrounds that I wasn't aware of, so thank you!

<URL deleted as don't have permission>

Not v. Big but there is a small one opp. Soldiers and Sailors Field (Monkstown Ave.).

• Advertisement

Awaaf wrote: »
    Not v. Big but there is a small one opp. Soldiers and Sailors Field (Monkstown Ave.).

I can't seem to find this on the map. Does Soldiers and Sailors Field have another name that I can search with?

Advertisement