Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre estimates?

Options
  • 23-07-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

The efibre map is telling us that we have Efibre, since June. I've rang up and been told that there wasn't even an estimate on when it will be in place. 

On the Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map these three cabinets :
    BHR1_E01
    BHR1_004
    BHR1_002

are showing that work is in-progress and nearly complete.

A lady in the town was in-contact with an engineer and he told her that the eFibre should be up TODAY!

What is going on with all these different dates? Could I please get a precise estimate of when the works will be complete because the service being provided to us at the minute is laughable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

The efibre map is telling us that we have Efibre, since June. I've rang up and been told that there wasn't even an estimate on when it will be in place. 

On the Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map these three cabinets :
    BHR1_E01
    BHR1_004
    BHR1_002

are showing that work is in-progress and nearly complete.

A lady in the town was in-contact with an engineer and he told her that the eFibre should be up TODAY!

What is going on with all these different dates? Could I please get a precise estimate of when the works will be complete because the service being provided to us at the minute is laughable.
    Hi Mightydrumming

Please feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll look in to this further for you

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive been on to Eircom about this previously and been told earliest switch on could be midAugust but nothing is definite. I to had heard about this switch over yesterday but ill believe it when I see it.

Glebee wrote: »
    Ive been on to Eircom about this previously and been told earliest switch on could be midAugust but nothing is definite. I to had heard about this switch over yesterday but ill believe it when I see it.
    Hi Glebee

There is no agreed specific launch date for the above reference cabinets although our networks team do believe that it may be within the next 6 weeks.

Apologies for the confusion created by the delays
    Thanks
    Al

Hi Glebee

There is no agreed specific launch date for the above reference cabinets although our networks team do believe that it may be within the next 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Al
    I see the overall Eircom efibre up grade map has been updated but the live date has not been pushed out till Jan - March 2016.
    Extremely disapointing given the very poor broadband in the area. Up to 5mb download my eye. Was getting 0.2mb all weekend.

Hi Glebee

Thanks
    Al
    I see the overall Eircom efibre up grade map has been updated but the live date has not been pushed out till Jan - March 2016.
    Extremely disapointing given the very poor broadband in the area. Up to 5mb download my eye. Was getting 0.2mb all weekend.
    I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this Glebee

I wish I could offer better news. If you would like to PM me your land line number I'll check for possible issues which might be creating the reported slow speeds?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Glebee

Thanks
    Al
    I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this Glebee

I wish I could offer better news. If you would like to PM me your land line number I'll check for possible issues which might be creating the reported slow speeds?

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al, PM sent

Thanks for the PM GleBee

There are no faults on the line and to be honest there is nothing that would require the attention of the technical support department. The issues you are seeing are due to congestion and until Fibre goes live this will be expected to continue.

I have noticed one thing though - your subscription allows for a max of 8Mb - your line is now qualifying for up to 15Mb and there is an upgrade available to this for the same price as what you are currently paying. The up to 15Mb package is sold as up to 24Mb (which is what lines closer to the exchange can get) but please bear in mind that of the term 'up to' which is advised due to the congestion.

While I can't guarantee the congestion the upgraded speeds will be any better the speeds will be certainly faster during off peak hours.

If you're interested in exploring the upgrade please feel free to contact the sales team on free phone 1800503303

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement