Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Marketing course

Options
  • 23-07-2015 4:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to do an online course in the area of digital marketing. I've just moved into the field from a background in print journalism and am primarily working at the moment as a copywriter, but want to expand my skills by way of an 'official' course as well the general reading I'm doing in the area.

I'm looking in particular at the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing, offered by the Digital Marketing Institute. It seems very thorough and to have 'proper' standing in the field, with modules in nine core topics.

The only thing that makes me wonder is how they say it can also be taken in a five-day intensive course. That means barely half a day on each topic. And take one of them, SEO, for example: it's supposed to cover Key SEO Concepts, Search Results & Positioning, Benefits of Search Position, Mechanics of Search, On-Page Optimisation, The SEO Process, Customer Insights, Analysis & Review, Keyword Research & Selection, Meta Tags, SEO Site Map, SEO Webmaster Tools, Off-Page Optimisation, Inbound Links & Link Building, and Ranking.

If they do all that in half a day, then surely they can only touch on each of those subjects, instead of it being any way in-depth?

Does anybody have recent experience of this course, or can anybody advise on other courses to consider?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Did the Diploma myself. Found it he best money I've spent on anything educational ever.

Did the 5 day boot camp and loved it. Course is the same length no matter how you do it, but defintely worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Still just wondering though to what extent do they go into the various topics, if they cover the whole lot in just five days?

PM me if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

As much as you can I suppose? They were the innovators of the course, and they refresh the syllabus alot. Any other Diploma is a copy of theirs as far as I'm aware. (I did the Post Grad there too after doing the Diploma so I liked it! Got me a few jobs etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The digital print and media skillnet do a very good DM course. I did it myself last year.
    People from industry do it.
    Its 4 /5 days but well worth the time.
    If you're not working you can do it for free.

Advertisement