Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell notebook question

Options
  • 23-07-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a dell v131 vostro from 2012 as my daily computer. It shipped with windows 7 32 bit and I upgraded this to 64 bit when I upgraded the ram to 8gb. Question I have is, I remember when I did this I had awful trouble getting the wifi driver to work , neither the 32 bit or 64 bit would work and j had to grab some generic Intel one to get it working, this has meant for some reason that my USB ports are all 1.0 and should be 3.0 because the full chipset driver couldn't be installed cause it wouldn't work with the wifi adaptor.

I'm planning a re installation soon but I was just thinking , would the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of this computer maybe have shipped with different chip sets and wifi cards ? Or would the companies usually use identical setups with just a different os? I'm thinking this may be my problem ..

Thanks
    Dave

Advertisement