Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wynonna Earp (SyFy) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I really want a Tacos are Tasty hoody!

I have a t-shirt!

I have a t-shirt!

Where'd you get it from? I don't think there's any official merchandise, is there?

Where'd you get it from? I don't think there's any official merchandise, is there?

https://teespring.com/stores/wynonna-fgs-eu?page=7

It's not official, but Emily Andras approved, so it's as close as it can get!

T-Shirts look this (but there's various color options):

MFAysrw.jpg?1

Oh man! They've got Tacos are Tasty mugs too. I might have to get myself one.

^ There must only be like 10 actors in Canada.

I noticed Kat Barrell, who plays Nicole, is in another TV show with Dani Kind, who played Mercedes, and she was also in a film with Tamara Duarte who plays Rosita.

Must be nice, show up on any job in Canada and you've probably already worked with everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, just finished the first episode of 12 Monkeys season 3, and who was co-starring but Waverley. There must be a small enough casting pool for these low to mid tier shows in Canada. Wonder if we can expect Roger Cross to pop up sometime, he's in evvvverything :-)

The guy who was playing Juan Carlo was (is?) in another Canadian show called Heartland, which has the same music supervisor as Wynonna Earp. She also does that Killjoys show, I think.

Varun (Jeremy) popped up in Orphan Black this season, too, and Dominique is in the upcoming Carmilla movie.

• Advertisement

And of course Rachel Skarsten (Tamsin in Lost Girl) featured in season one of Wynonna Earp.

Oh and Tim Rozon is in Schitt's Creek.

The guy who was playing Juan Carlo was (is?) in another Canadian show called Heartland, which has the same music supervisor as Wynonna Earp. She also does that Killjoys show, I think.

Just spotted Heartland on both Tim Rozon and Melanie Scrofano's IMDb list too.

Kat and Dom were both in Murdoch Mysteries too.

Literally about 10 actors in Canada.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Varun (Jeremy) popped up in Orphan Black this season, too, and Dominique is in the upcoming Carmilla movie.

And in turn, detective Art from Orphan Black also cameoed as the Black Badge head honcho.

So, this conversation happened on Twitter. ...

https://twitter.com/emtothea/status/906563067995095040

(You might have to click it to see the whole thing)

William Shatner also chimed in encouraging it

William Shatner also chimed in encouraging it

William Shatner watches a lot of TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I can see from a quick read of this show is getting a lot of praise so I'm hoping this means that the problem I'm seeing works itself out at some point.

I'm in the early episodes of season one on Netflix and the show is all over the place. I'm not bothered by a pothole or two in a show or movie, but there are so many here (and along with inconsistencies in the characters) that it is headache inducing.

Gus doesn't believe in revenants and the following episode she doesn't even blink when Wynonna kills one and the door to hell opens. Wynonna stands by watching a guy dig up a grave and casually talks to him as though he is just some guy o the street, and is then surprised he is a demon. She and Dolls walk into the revenant camp to strike a deal with Bobo and for some reason expect to survive (and Dolls expects to have have time to call for back up should things go bad) - yes, Bobo wants Wynonna alive for some reason but she isn't supposed to know that. Dolls says he fought to stop a town being bombed but is ridiculously callous about Shorty being necessary collateral damage. He brings up topics and when Wynonna asks about it she says "classfied" - "I haven't seen this much blood since Kandahar" - there was hardly any blood at the crime scene :P Characters change personalities during a conversation.

Dolls is brutal, both as a character and a performance but I like Doc and Waverly and the story and Scrofano are great but it is like episodes have multiple directors and there is no show runner.

The show is fun but the raging potholes are dragging it down. Does this get sorted out soon or are you guys just enjoying despite them?

Can't say I noticed any of those things when I watched S1. Having watched S2 I will say that I thought there was a lot of improvements from S1, in terms of tightness of storytelling and character development etc. So maybe I did notice some problems in S1 but enjoyed it anyway.

I kind of agree about Dolls though. He's always seemed a little bit apart from the otherwise great ensemble cast they have. I didn't mind him so much in S1 but the way multiple storylines go in S2 he became even more of a weak link for me.

Dolls is easily the most 'forgettable' character.

There are plot holes in the show. The timeline is all over the place for one (moreso in season 2). Sometimes they'll throw a random plotline up that seems to serve no purpose
    Nicole's wife???
    , or they'll contradict canon (in the first episode Wynonna fights a Revenant outside the Purgatory sign). It's sort of a 'just go with it' show because Emily Andras (the showrunner) very much likes to weave the storytelling to keep us on our toes and do the unexpected. There's some collateral damage plot-wise as a consequence.

• Advertisement

Dolls is easily the most 'forgettable' character.

There are plot holes in the show. The timeline is all over the place for one (moreso in season 2). Sometimes they'll throw a random plotline up that seems to serve no purpose
    Nicole's wife???
    , or they'll contradict canon (in the first episode Wynonna fights a Revenant outside the Purgatory sign). It's sort of a 'just go with it' show because Emily Andras (the showrunner) very much likes to weave the storytelling to keep us on our toes and do the unexpected. There's some collateral damage plot-wise as a consequence.

I think the thing with
    Nicole's wife
    was just to flesh her character out a bit, give her a life before she became involved with the Earps and all that jazz. I thought it was a nice little thing to throw in.

I think the thing with
    Nicole's wife
    was just to flesh her character out a bit, give her a life before she became involved with the Earps and all that jazz. I thought it was a nice little thing to throw in.

I thought it was interesting but it played more like shock value with no substance for me. Of course,
    Nicole is getting a bigger arc about her past in season 3, so it might come back again somehow

It's not Lucy Lawless but Mama Earp has been cast.

At first I was disappointed, but I'm pretty happy with this casting!

Returns Friday, July 20th! (SDCC Weekend)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

Yay, you know it's the summer when all one's favourite .... 'daft' shows start coming back :D

Though for the life of me I can't remember where we left Earp at the end of season 2 ... and I'm too lazy to google :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yay, you know it's the summer when all one's favourite .... 'daft' shows start coming back :D

Though for the life of me I can't remember where we left Earp at the end of season 2 ... and I'm too lazy to google :)

She gave her baby away and it turned out Mama Earp is still alive and Wynonna knew all along. That's basically it, I think?

The episode is being sneak-peeked on July 16th

Write-up in the New York Times

I thought that was a cracker of a premiere! Everyone was in top form. Really excited for this season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Returns tonight in the States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

A lot going on there.

I laughed a lot.
    The attack on the house scene was cool.
    Finally, it felt like there was about 3 or 4 endings.

Felt like a mix of keeping effects grounded, going wild and ambitous with the script plus now reading that it's been renewed. Guessing the season is set up to get pretty complicated.

I just love the innuendo in this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Finally got back into this, just finished season 1. Very enjoyable show.

A fun return with the season 3 premiere, still can only make out about half the dialogue mind you.

Wow so
    Dolls is dead

Not entirely unexpected but still a big move.

I really enjoyed the Wynonna/Michelle scenes. It must have been freezing filming in that dress too.

Wasn't expecting that1 Was just coming to terms with the
    new moustache

You'll still have
    Jeremy's mustache
    to come to terms with. If he doesn't
    shave it off in memory

I'm really enjoying this season, it feels really grounded. I thought Doll's send-off was nicely done, muting the opening credits was a nice touch.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I liked those opening credits. The whole episode felt like a tribute.

Was half guessing about the mother the whole time

The next episode is going to be nuts based on that ending

That was all a bit mad.. as expected :)

I assume all the people who turned up at the bar were because of Jolene .. otherwise that's some pick-up in business!

She seemed to be ploughing the whole town with baked goods, so I'd think so!

That confrontation scene between Jolene/Waverly was intense, unnerving. I think both actresses pulled it off really well. I'm also very intrigued what more will come out about her father.

And that bar fight was amazing :D I love Mama Earp more and more

Santa and her Elf isn't good for my blood pressure.

WTF Doc.

WTF Doc.

WTF Mama!

I don't think I trust the new fireman.

I wasn't sure what was going on at first. A Christmas episode?! But like.. it worked .. I think :D

Home Alone reference in the Rescue scene :) (althought it mighta been to the original film HA referenced)

I suppose in the backend.. it looks like some staff changing is going on. Sheriff was on the cards in the last couple of episodes. Might be just part of the story though.

Slydice wrote:
    I suppose in the backend.. it looks like some staff changing is going on. Sheriff was on the cards in the last couple of episodes. Might be just part of the story though.

They've been setting Nicole up to be Sheriff since last season. I'm not sure if they'll keep Nedley on in some other role (I've seen some, albeit baseless, speculation he might become
    mayor
    ) but I'd be surprised if she's demoted again

• Advertisement

In a sneak peek for the next episode it looks like Nicole has to be elected Sheriff so they might have all been celebrating the promotion a little early!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gijMSSXT1dY&feature=youtu.be

Advertisement