Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will

Options
  • 23-07-2015 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

When will (if ever) will I be able to get landline broadband. That broadband map shows that I'm living in a green zone but I have to rely on mobile broadband for a connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ganmo wrote: »
    When will (if ever) will I be able to get landline broadband. That broadband map shows that I'm living in a green zone but I have to rely on mobile broadband for a connection.
    Hi ganmo

Please PM me your address and I'll look in to this for you

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Sent

Sent
    Thanks ganmo

Land line broadband is available in your general area for sure - there are a number of customers who have the service.

Until you have an active line to be tested eircom can't guarantee broadband but others in that area are qualifying for up to 3Mb is some cases

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

any plans to upgrade the area?

can you test the line? I will pm the number

any plans to upgrade the area?

can you test the line? I will pm the number
    Thanks for you PM ganmo

I have tested the line and it's qualifying for up to 1Mb speeds - this is due to the distance between it and the serving Ballyboden exchange.

There are no plans at present to suggest when eircom can offer an improvement to this I'm sorry to say ganmo

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement