Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matte finish translucent powder

Options
  • 23-07-2015 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering if anyone can recommend a decent translucent powder for over liquid foundation? Have been using Rimmel stay matte powder for a while, but I have quite oily skin and it's usually shiny or patchy by mid afternoon, regardless of which foundation I have underneath. Tried the No7 one before that and wasn't a fan. I have a voucher so wouldn't mind getting a more expensive one if it does a decent job. Thanks!

Comments

Soap and Glory Kick Ass press powder is fantastic. Bought it as a stop gap til I got my usual one and haven't bought an expensive one since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

This loose powder by Laura Mercier is meant to be amazing, never used it myself though. Its very expensive at €42 so might be worth seeing if you could get a sample before buying the full size cos it could be a costly mistake if you didn't like it or it didn't suit your skin etc.

http://www.brownthomas.com/flawless-face/invisible-loose-setting-powder/invt/143x2977x1261766

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Urban decay de-slick mattifying powder is really good. €24 in debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Soap and Glory Kick Ass press powder is fantastic. Bought it as a stop gap til I got my usual one and haven't bought an expensive one since :)

I haven't tried this one but I've tried the S&G One Heck of a Blot powder and really like it. If this powder is like a big size version of the one that comes with the Kick Ass Concealer then it's also a really good one!

ShazGV wrote: »
    I haven't tried this one but I've tried the S&G One Heck of a Blot powder and really like it. If this powder is like a big size version of the one that comes with the Kick Ass Concealer then it's also a really good one!

I have that one too and it's really good, kick ass is better for mattifying though I think.

Really nice stuff. Think it's only €14 too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bourjois healthy balance powder. Cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Whatever you do, don't get the Loreal BB powder, it's AWFUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Thanks a million girls, a good few recommendations there. I tried the S&G One Heck of a Blot before and liked it, but it didn't last too well on me, so might try the other one...and maybe a few more depending on Boots and 3 for 2 offers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

The Essence All About Matte powder is meant to be really good - seen a number of bloggers/youtubers give it great reviews. Just bought it today and looking forward to trying it out. It's only €3.79 too.

Advertisement