Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sulky racing on Prime Time tonight

• 23-07-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Hey, just noticed sulky racing will feature on Primetime tonight, with a discussion if it should be banned. Should be interesting viewing, hopefully not too distressing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I had a rant about this in AH already. I hate it. I hate everything about it. It infuriates me to see them pass. The only problem with the ban is that there's official competitions which a certain community don't participate in, but the ban will affect. But I've seen the other horses up close, I've seen the yearlings and foals between those bars, I've seen them pumping blood until there's a stream going down the footpath. I've seen them tied to trees, lathered in sweat and blowing hard, at a real risk of tying up. I could continue ranting but it would just put me in a bad mood for the rest of the evening.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What really peed me off was the Martin's Collin comment on SJI funding. I have no problem with sulky funding once animals are held to the standard SJI animals are.Could be a while before they all get chipped, up to date vax and have passports plus confirmation they are held in registered horse places...

Advertisement