Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question: F2000 DNS QUESTION: CLIENT PC HOSTNAME REGISTRATION WORKING?

Options
  • 23-07-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]Hi[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]I have a newly installed F2000 modem with two desktop PC's directly wired to it. The PC's hostnames do not appear to be available in the routers DNS. Also, the F2000 does not appear to give them a dns domain name.[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]If I look under "Home Networking" on the router, I see entries like PC1_Ethernet and PC2_Ethernet, put I cannot ping any of the names from either PC.[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]Is there anyway to make the PC's on the network to be able to find each other by name?[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]Brian[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]Hi[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]I have a newly installed F2000 modem with two desktop PC's directly wired to it. The PC's hostnames do not appear to be available in the routers DNS. Also, the F2000 does not appear to give them a dns domain name.[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]If I look under "Home Networking" on the router, I see entries like PC1_Ethernet and PC2_Ethernet, put I cannot ping any of the names from either PC.[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]Is there anyway to make the PC's on the network to be able to find each other by name?[/font]

[font=Albert, Arial, sans-serif]Brian[/font]
    Hi brianoclon

I believe I have replied to you via the eircom forum however if you have not seen this yet i had advised that I have discussed this with our support team who have asked me to advise you to contact them directly where they will be happy to look in to this further for you

You can reach technical support via Instant WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement