Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE News Website

Options
  • 23-07-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I'm using Firefox v39 and am unable to connect to http://www.rte.ie/news/

I am not using any add blocker or anything else that may be blocking it.

I can connect to it using Chrome.

Anyone else having issues with Firefox and RTE?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Working fine for me,win 7,firefox 39.0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

mp22 wrote: »
    Working fine for me,win 7,firefox 39.0

Thanks for taking the time to test that mp22 ;) 70 had read it but you had the courtesy to check it out.

At least I know now that it would appear to be an issue at my end although I have no idea what might be causing it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I tried it on two PC's both with FF 39 and it worked on one but not the other. Nailed it down to Hola Unblocker. Disabled it and voilà.

Alun wrote: »
    I tried it on two PC's both with FF 39 and it worked on one but not the other. Nailed it down to Hola Unblocker. Disabled it and voilà.

Fair play to you Alun, turns out that was the culprit on my end too.

Never even gave Hola VPN a thought considering it's there to allow you get to certain sites not block the normal ones :D

I see it also got updated yesterday and that's when the issue with FF & RTE started for me.

Appreciate your posting back, thanks ;)

FYI,

When Hola blocks RTE.ie you can't connect via typing the url in Firefox address bar and you can't connect from a bookmark, but if you manually create a new shortcut on your desktop to www.rte.ie you can connect via the shortcut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement