Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning strange man in Phoenix Park!

Options
  • 23-07-2015 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi

Bit of a strange topic!

I was in the Phoenix park today for a walk , I was at the lake towards the back of the park (down the steps opposite the big cross).

After I finished my walk I sat down at the lake for anyone familiar with the area you will know there is a gap across the lake where you can also go to.

I was sitting looking at the lake on the phone to a friend when I looked up I realised there was a guy in the gap across the way looking at me and very obviously playing with himself to put it nicer words!

I looked at him and he turned away for a second and then turned back to face me still going!
    I thought I was imagining it for a minute and started telling my friend what was going on, I even moved my phone away from my head and put my hands out as if saying what are you doing!!

When he didn't stop and was staring at me knowing I was looking and obviously knowing what he was doing I begin to feel very uncomfortable, so I went to get up he then walked to the other side of the gap still having his own fun and not hiding what he was doing in anyway!

As I was leaving he then went behind the bush, afraid he was making his way back around to the lake I ran to my car.

The guy from what I could see was in his late 30's early 40's , small bit of weight on him a stripey tshirt and dark jeans or black bottoms which remained up the whole time!

I sat there for about a minute before I left and I don't know how long he was there as I was sitting there a good 20 minutes.

I had been sitting the other side of the lake around an hour earlier so I was glad I wasn't there when he arrived! Just a warning to be careful if you are around that area as there was no one else around this was about 8-8:30 tonight !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Heard of a similar incident in the park years back! Shouldn't you report it to the Gardai?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Here look I was just searching for some change in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭secman

What were you warning strange man in phoenix Park about ?

Why didn't you take a PIC on your mobile?
    Zoom in as close as you could?

Not for pervy reasons!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tkam2014

bubblypop wrote: »
    Why didn't you take a PIC on your mobile?
    Zoom in as close as you could?

Not for pervy reasons!!!

I tried but think he noticed that when he started going behind the bushes !

• Advertisement

Heard of a similar incident in the park years back! Shouldn't you report it to the Gardai?

Reported it to a friend working in the station beside the park

secman wrote: »
    What were you warning strange man in phoenix Park about ?

That the girl the other side of the lake knows his business !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Always dodgy up there at times. I always have my wits about me even when my dog is along side.

Good on you for reporting it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

A lot of people don't realise the amount of vagrants and psychos living in the park. Not just passing through but living there. And as for the nefarious activities after dark... Even in day time a woman by herself would need to have their wits about them.

Contact Details

Superintendent's Office, The Whitefields, Phoenix Park, Dublin, D08 KDC4
    Office hours are from 8.00 am -5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
    Phone: +353 1 820 5800 / 820 3500 or 821 3021 Fax: +353 1 820 5584
    E-mail: superintendent.park@opw.ie
    To contact staff out of office hours, the Park Rangers who patrol the park from 6.30 am – 11.30 pm, 7 days a week can be contacted on +353 87 228 9698 or + 353 87 228 9688.
    In case of emergency the Gardaí can be contacted by phoning 999 or 112.

cruais wrote: »
    Always dodgy up there at times. I always have my wits about me even when my dog is along side.

Good on you for reporting it

I thought it was funny earlier than the more I thought about it the more I realised its a bit scary !

• Advertisement

A lot of people don't realise the amount of vagrants and psychos living in the park. Not just passing through but living there. And as for the nefarious activities after dark... Even in day time a woman by herself would need to have their wits about them.

Contact Details

Superintendent's Office, The Whitefields, Phoenix Park, Dublin, D08 KDC4
    Office hours are from 8.00 am -5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
    Phone: +353 1 820 5800 / 820 3500 or 821 3021 Fax: +353 1 820 5584
    E-mail: superintendent.park@opw.ie
    To contact staff out of office hours, the Park Rangers who patrol the park from 6.30 am – 11.30 pm, 7 days a week can be contacted on +353 87 228 9698 or + 353 87 228 9688.
    In case of emergency the Gardaí can be contacted by phoning 999 or 112.

I'll defo do this tomorrow thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

Was up there myself at that time other side of the park pity I didn't see him, dirty ba***rd. would have let the dogs on his sausage last time he'd play with it.

It psycho like this has that park the way it is, can be a iffy at night up there you need to have your wits about you especially women on their own.

Dark sun wrote: »
    Was up there myself at that time other side of the park pity I didn't see him, dirty ba***rd. would have let the dogs on his sausage last time he'd play with it.

It psycho like this has that park the way it is, can be a iffy at night up there you need to have your wits about you especially women on their own.

Ye Im glad I even had my friend on the phone to not feel alone no one had passed in a while and there was a guy cycling past I was going to ask him to stop and wait until I was at the top of the steps , I was sitting where he was earlier and I was going to go back over there but didn feel comfortable with the woods behind me at that time.

It was so bright out , I don't think the time of day would if bothered him at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod note: closed pending review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement