Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning strange man in Phoenix Park

Options
  • 23-07-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi

Bit of a strange topic!

I was in the phoenix park today for a walk , I was at the lake towards the back of the park (down the steps opposite the big cross).

After I finished my walk I sat down at the lake for anyone familiar with the area you will know there is a gap across the lake where you can also go to.

I was sitting looking at the lake on the phone to a friend when I looked up I realised there was a guy in the gap across the way looking at me and very obviously playing with himself to put it nicer words!

I looked at him and he turned away for a second and then turned back to face me still going!
    I thought I was imagining it for a minute and started telling my friend what was going on, I even moved my phone away from my head and put my hands out as if saying what are you doing!!

When he didn't stop and was staring at me knowing I was looking and obviously knowing what he was doing I began to feel very uncomfortable, so I went to get up he then walked to the other side of the gap still having his own fun and not hiding what he was doing in anyway!

As I was leaving he then went behind the bush, afraid he was making his way back around to the lake I ran to my car.

The guy from what I could see was in his late 30's early 40's , small bit of weight on him a stripey tshirt and dark jeans or black bottoms which remained up the whole time!

I sat there for about a minute before I left and I don't know how long he was there as I was sitting there a good 20 minutes.

I had been sitting the other side of the lake around an hour earlier so I was glad I wasn't there when he arrived! Just a warning to be careful if you are around that area as there was no one else around this was about 8-8:30 tonight !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did you report to guards??!!!!

amdublin wrote: »

Cant a man fondle himself these days without someone calling the Guards? Discgrace! It was OPs fault for wearing leggings

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tkam2014

amdublin wrote: »

Not yet I tried to get a photo but think he noticed my friend works in the station beside the park so Im going to give him a call and let him know

Sorry about that

No problem , I was going to put it under nature and bird watching !

• Advertisement

tkam2014 wrote: »
    No problem , I was going to put it under nature and bird watching !

Were you dressed provocatively at the time?

Were you dressed provocatively at the time?

Strutting my stuff around basically asking for it sure !

Strutting my stuff around basically asking for it sure !

Aaaskin for it! I would take it as a compliment that you have a nice arse or rack and not worry about it!

Seriously though, this guy is now a sex offender after doing what he did, tell the guards they will prob track him down. We dont need pricks like that around our children

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

That area is renowned for flashers and dirty fellas lurking in the woods! It's a nice lake, we bring our dogs down there for a swim but I wouldn't go down there alone, no matter what time of the day.

mojesius wrote: »
    That area is renowned for flashers and dirty fellas lurking in the woods! It's a nice lake, we bring our dogs down there for a swim but I wouldn't go down there alone, no matter what time of the day.

I had no idea and that's the only area I ever go to , thanks for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

I had no idea and that's the only area I ever go to , thanks for the heads up

No problem, i grew up near there and know it well, so not being overly cautious. The area around the popes cross and the us ambassador's residence is grand on your own (in daylight) but I'd avoid going down to that lake, or the road/woods down by St Mary's hospital, or the dipped road by the magazine fort on my own.

All the other lakes in the park are grand. There's a nice-ish one up by the ordnance survey office, closer to the main road (more open) :)

mojesius wrote: »
    No problem, i grew up near there and know it well, so not being overly cautious. The area around the popes cross and the us ambassador's residence is grand on your own (in daylight) but I'd avoid going down to that lake, or the road/woods down by St Mary's hospital, or the dipped road by the magazine fort on my own.

All the other lakes in the park are grand. There's a nice-ish one up by the ordnance survey office, closer to the main road (more open) :)

Thabks a mil I'll defo go on a search for that one :-) need a new route now !

I posted this in North Dublin and Dublin City and the other one just says Mod note: closed pending review

Wouldn't have thought they would close something like that strange !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Just post once. Standard boards procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not relevant to Dublin County North.

OP - Report this to the Gardaí.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement