Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland u20 2016 6Nations/Junior World Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

blackcard wrote: »
    Lovely to see offloading by an Irish team
    Its 20s always is plenty offloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mistdub

wp_rathead wrote: »
    ahhhh Kerins
    that was great stuff by Ireland

Thought the offload was the wrong decision, had him covered and quick ball was on from there with the Welsh working to get back, risk was greater than the reward

Hagz wrote: »
    It just seems inevitable that when you watch the Irish u20s year on year they're going to concede penalties at every second scrum. It's such a handicap.
    What can you do about it though? Props can be in their first year out of school and be playing 20s. Players will only be in their first and at latest second year playing full scrummaging laws while many props in other countries will be playing at higher levels with full scrummaging while our guys are stuck playing schools cup or youths club rugby and the 1.5 ruling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

If that was intentional by Deegan that is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

What a try. Superb handling by the forwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Get in, great effort lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

That's some fckin try,

What can you do about it though? Props can be in their first year out of school and be playing 20s. Players will only be in their first and at latest second year playing full scrummaging laws while many props in other countries will be playing at higher levels with full scrummaging while our guys are stuck playing schools cup or youths club rugby and the 1.5 ruling

I know. I'm just saying, it sucks is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Big conversion now to put them 2 scores clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Great try. Some of the hands. 2 great offloads and a great pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Shame, could have done with that extra couple of points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If someone can use stick figures and a diagram to show me Deegan's offload pls.

Fantastic score.
    I know. I'm just saying, it sucks is all.
    But couldn't we simply change things then? Get guys who when they turn 18 even if still are in school playing adult rugby games/laws if theyre physically ready/capable

• Advertisement

Jaysus the Irish player knocked the ball through his own legs at the the back of that ruck. Could have led led to a Welsh try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

These scrums will kill us. :(

Really should have held on to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Unbelievable win

Great win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Wahey great win! :D

Get in! Delighted for Nigel Carolan, last try epitomised his coaching philosophy.

Outstanding stuff. Was hard to see that result after the Welsh barrage at the start. Beating the Welsh is oh so sweet.

Kanrith wrote: »

Two phases in all it needed.. Really sloppy to take the initiative out of your own hands like that.

Thankfully it didn't come back to haunt us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Welsh are gonna love their goal kicker

Brilliant, was getting worried towards the end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Couldn't believe that Ireland could win after that start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Kanrith wrote: »

You would have thought that they would be more aware of the clock

Your man Cian Gallagher is a very handy player. Won't be long till we see him in a Connacht shirt.

Your man Cian Gallagher is a very handy player. Won't be long till we see him in a Connacht shirt.

He's a beast. Underage next year too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Refereeing gave Wales every chance to win that game.

Ireland went nearly an hour from 20' to 77' conceding just 3 points.

Ireland were 18/1 to win the match after 20 minutes.

20dbAil.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Great game and what a win..Recovered well from the first half. I felt the welsh number 6 impeded the tackler for the late welsh try. Great performance all the same.

Other results from todays games
    Scotland beat Australia 15-10 in group B(England to play Italy)
    In Group A South Africa beat Japan 59-19 and Argentina beat France 24-15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Two points for Wales I think for scoring Four tries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

yup, 1 LBP and 1 TBP for Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

The ref in the England has been a shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Missed the end of the match, but delighted to see we got the win. After 20 minutes I was sure we were in for a hiding. Some character shown there by these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Very funny to read this from the start of the match yesterday knowing the result. Must admit I had fallen into the pessimistic bucket early on too. Couple of great performances. In particular I thought Deegan, COB, McBurney, Gallagher, Porter and Kerins were very good. McBurney and Porter both showed their limitations, arrows and scrum respectively. Porter really needs to learn how to scrummage straight and legally. I've never seen a game of his where he hasn't looked illegal.

Kerins tempo seems to be vital to the team going forward. Maul looks a potent weapon if we can get it right too. Don't know how they didn't end up with a few yellows from their 'defending' of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Very funny to read this from the start of the match yesterday knowing the result. Must admit I had fallen into the pessimistic bucket early on too. Couple of great performances. In particular I thought Deegan, COB, McBurney, Gallagher, Porter and Kerins were very good. McBurney and Porter both showed their limitations, arrows and scrum respectively. Porter really needs to learn how to scrummage straight and legally. I've never seen a game of his where he hasn't looked illegal.

Kerins tempo seems to be vital to the team going forward. Maul looks a potent weapon if we can get it right too. Don't know how they didn't end up with a few yellows from their 'defending' of it.

Yeah porter seems to continuously bore in and will be a penalty machine if he keeps scrumaging like that, surprised it has not been addressed better by any of UCD, Leinster, Irish 20s scrum coaches. Ref let a lot go especially Welsh defending inside their own 22 blatant yellow card offences numerous times but no action.

• Advertisement

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Yeah porter seems to continuously bore in and will be a penalty machine if he keeps scrumaging like that, surprised it has not been addressed better by any of UCD, Leinster, Irish 20s scrum coaches. Ref let a lot go especially Welsh defending inside their own 22 blatant yellow card offences numerous times but no action.

I've seen him do it against completely inferior oppo too which is more worrying. If he can sort it, which he has plenty of time to do, he could be a very good player. He's incredibly powerful.

There was a maul in their 22 they looked to illegally sack twice and got away with it. Huge amount of leeway given to them. Thought outside of that the ref was good. Game flowed pretty well for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    I've seen him do it against completely inferior oppo too which is more worrying. If he can sort it, which he has plenty of time to do, he could be a very good player. He's incredibly powerful.

There was a maul in their 22 they looked to illegally sack twice and got away with it. Huge amount of leeway given to them. Thought outside of that the ref was good. Game flowed pretty well for the most part.

Yeah Porter is physically very strong frustrating to watch scrummaging. Is the Tarf under 20 with the Irish 20s tight or loose. Seems to be a great prospect and a powerful scrummager

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MunsterMike

Yeah Porter is physically very strong frustrating to watch scrummaging. Is the Tarf under 20 with the Irish 20s tight or loose. Seems to be a great prospect and a powerful scrummager

As far as I know he is loose, himself.and Coyle were the starting props for Leinster in the u20 interpros I think Coyle will now come in as the replacement tighthead .They played them in the Ireland friendly against the Leinster A before the World Cup and they did very well .Surprisingly both Coyle and abdaladze can play both loose and tight .

As far as I know he is loose, himself.and Coyle were the starting props for Leinster in the u20 interpros I think Coyle will now come in as the replacement tighthead .They played them in the Ireland friendly against the Leinster A before the World Cup and they did very well .Surprisingly both Coyle and abdaladze can play both loose and tight .

Vakh was more of a loose head but has primarily played tight this year with us. Very powerful and dynamic. As quick as a backrow.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Adam beard cited for eye gouge on kevin browne. Saw replay,looked nasty enough

Adbrowne wrote: »
    Adam beard cited for eye gouge on kevin browne. Saw replay,looked nasty enough

Did not look good at all. Even if he does argue it was unintentional, as everyone seems to do these days, he should get a decent ban for being that reckless. No place even for 'accidental gouging' like that.

• Advertisement

Adam Coyle confirmed as replacement for Conor Kenny

Beard gets 9 weeks for the gouge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Beard gets 9 weeks for the gouge.

Wow no messing about. Well done.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

How does a 9 week ban work for someone playing at that level?

I assume however many matches Wales play in this tournament will count. He doesn't seem to play for the Osprey's at senior level so will it carry down to club level for him?

How does a 9 week ban work for someone playing at that level?

I assume however many matches Wales play in this tournament will count. He doesn't seem to play for the Osprey's at senior level so will it carry down to club level for him?
    It works like it does at any level. It counts at all levels he plays. Same as any ban for any under 14/16 kid playing youths or schools rugby or an AIL player

• Advertisement
Advertisement