Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland u20 2016 6Nations/Junior World Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

gally74 wrote: »
    Three Sligo on the team tonight inc Gallagher gas to be some type of a record
    Yeah. Been saying it for ages but when we've much more of teams like this coming from areas like Sligo and "non traditional areas" will we really do well.
    We look pretty poorly marshalled. A lot of individual ability on display, O'Brien/Daly look a very silky partnership.
    Very mixed so far.
    Buer wrote: »
    Ryan is an incredibly skilful and mobile lock despite being 6'8". Hands a centre would be happy with.
    Ive been impressed by both second rows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

That's shocking decision making. Don't play high risk when you're that close to your own line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

That's shocking decision making. Don't play high risk when you're that close to your own line.

Whats worse is how we dealt with a basic restart.

corny wrote: »
    Whats worse is how we dealt with a basic restart.

Agreed. Tbh looks a team with a bit of talent in it, just not a very well drilled one.

Lovely break. Ireland showing glimpses of brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

Don't understand how Kelvin Brown didn't start, he has been everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

This doesn't look like a well coached group at all

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Dubious decision on the try .....

Thought so too. The Welsh loosehead was adamant he got under the ball

Yeah definitely shouldn't have been a try. There was a welsh knock-on forgotten before their last so I don't feel too bad about it, but I'm sure the Welsh loosehead is furious.

• Advertisement

Thats another rubbish decision. Irish player was under no obligation to move there. Made no move into the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That has to be the harshest yellow I've ever seen. Not even a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Thats a terrible decision and yc. The welsh 10 just ran at him. Disgrace that a tmo decision like that happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

that's an awful decision. Welsh player played for that.

That's an atrocious decision.

This ref seems pretty dodgy. This man is absolutely certainly destined to cross paths with awec at some point in his career.

Yeah definitely shouldn't have been a try. There was a welsh knock-on forgotten before their last so I don't feel too bad about it, but I'm sure the Welsh loosehead is furious.
    Yes .... I thought so too.

He might have called advantage over .... Bit early though ....

That's an atrocious decision.

This ref seems pretty dodgy. This man is absolutely certainly destined to cross paths with awec at some point in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

I think thats a ridiculous call - thought the welsh player feigned a bit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

claffery didn't move into the welshmans path - just stood his ground - never a penalty never mind a yellow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Terrible decision. Not even a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's a joke. Really poor from the officials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Slight lean I suppose when looked at in slo mo, but ffs in comparison to the shoulder earlier.

Extremely harsh yellow. Possibly ruined the game.

wp_rathead wrote: »
    claffery didn't move into the welshmans path - just stood his ground - never a penalty never mind a yellow
    Agree ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

That's an absolute joke of a decision. Especially with the clear body check earlier. Standard French maverick reffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

krazyklown wrote: »
    I think thats a ridiculous call - thought the welsh player feigned a bit too.

He went down like a soccer player. Shocking carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ludicrous. Especially after that tackle on the Irish player not too long before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Moved his right leg out and shifted his hips to ensure contact. Definitely intended to obstruct.

"Shame" to see young Giles go off. Looked very talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

That's possibly the worst decision I've seen in rugby when taking into account that the TMO got several views of it.

Correct to say that the referee can't see the replay himself because there's no screen?

• Advertisement

Moved his right leg out and shifted his hips to ensure contact. Definitely intended to obstruct.

Barely moved. Slight contact with his buttocks.

That's possibly the worst decision I've seen in rugby when taking into account that the TMO got several views of it.

Correct to say that the referee can't see the replay himself because there's no screen?

Yeah you're right, probably unfair to blame the ref.

But I'm going to blame him anyway because he's French and it's a Friday night, the bollocks.

Lovely try. Too many Irish lads bumped off.

But I'm going to blame him anyway because he's French and it's a Friday night, the bollocks.

:D

Just that.

It's a decision that's killed the game for us too so it's frustrating - 10 points since that decision.

Not sure which was worse, the penalty try from the 22 in the Munster - Connacht match or that yellow... :(

Very soft try. Winger and 10 pushed away far too easily.

Lovely try. Too many Irish lads bumped off.

Started with a good block by Deegan but then McPhillips was swiped aside at ease, our two centres went for the one man on the wing when was no need- the lad did a nice offload and the guy in support was able get away from Gallagher..

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Did the replay show a stamp/ kick to the head there?

I don't have rewind. Maybe someone could check ad I only saw it once. It was at the front of the maul or ruck as we were on the Welsh line. RTE showed a slow motion clip after the attack had ended. It was just after the YC for Wales.

gazump123 wrote: »
    Very soft try. Winger and 10 pushed away far too easily.

McPhillips doesn't look to be much of a fan of tackling.

Started with a good block by Deegan but then McPhillips was swiped aside at ease, our two centres went for the one man on the wing when was no need- the lad did a nice offload and the guy in support was able get away from Gallagher..

McPhillips looks very weak defensively. Maybe a bad day in the office but it must improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Barely moved. Slight contact with his buttocks.
    He stepped into him. If he'd kept both feet planted he might have got away with it, but I rewatched it a number of times and it's pretty clear. The thing is that he cost the team, not the ref. You don't do stupid sh1t and you don't get binned. Simples.

• Advertisement

He stepped into him. If he'd kept both feet planted he might have got away with it, but I rewatched it a number of times and it's pretty clear. The thing is that he cost the team, not the ref. You don't do stupid sh1t and you don't get binned. Simples.

Contact was minimal. The Welsh player isn't a 30kg little child, he made the most of the contact and no chance that warranted a yellow.

not in a million years
    He turned around which he is entitled to do, you have to retreat to get onside - he did not step into the path of the player

You're in a world of your own on that one

He most certainly did not.

Browne, Poland and Ryan the standouts for me on the Irish team. Going by that performance, don't know how Browne didn't start based on that performance.

I strongly disagree. Barely moved and have watched it a few times. Allowed to stand your ground and certainly didn't move enough to bring the Welsh player down.

not in a million years
    He turned around which he is entitled to do, you have to retreat to get onside - he did not step into the path of the player

You're also completely entitled to brace from impact, whether that's lifting your shoulder or your hip. It wasn't illegal, let alone a binning.

He stepped while both feet were planted? How does one do that? :confused:

Wasn't a penalty, let alone a yellow card. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Disappointing that the yellow cost us 10 points and we lost by 11, the fact that it was such a ludicrous decision makes it more so. The Welsh 10 who made the most of it could have been binned a few minutes before for a no hands tackle. An exciting high tempo game though, not expecting to see that on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He most certainly did not.

He did a little, but the slow motion as usual made it look worse. In real time it looked innocuous.

Advertisement