Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting about experiences about Travellers not allowed?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭

It appears so? Nothing bad can be said about them on this forum. Which by all means is the choice of the boards management
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

It appears so? Nothing bad can be said about them on this forum. Which by all means is the choice of the boards management

As was explained to you in the messages you received from the AH mods this evening, you cannot generalise against any group -- be they Travellers, Women, Men, Gay People, Straight People - etc etc etc.

This is covered in the Terms of Use you agreed to when you joined the site, and it's also in the AH Charter.

It's really as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

... a "race" of people who do F*** all but involve themselves in illegality. Hate the sight of them after being robbed by them.

And I will say that to anybody without regret. If that makes me racist so be it. But to me I would take ANY other nationality or actual race anyday over a traveller.

That's not posting about your experiences. That's racist ranting about an entire ethnic group in society. I wouldn't even have warned you tbh - I'd have banned you straight off the bat for that disgusting diatribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Orion wrote: »
    That's not posting about your experiences. That's racist ranting about an entire ethnic group in society. I wouldn't even have warned you tbh - I'd have banned you straight off the bat for that disgusting diatribe.

Yep, hate speech is not allowed. There are plenty of threads criticising travellers, the problem as always, is people who go overboard.

Some people seem to think they can act and post anything they like on this site, maybe its a cultural problem or how they were brought up. Then they'll scream "my rights", "I'm oppressed", stuff like that, ruining the site for everybody else. Self entitlement really.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

K-9 wrote: »
    Yep, hate speech is not allowed. There are plenty of threads criticising travellers, the problem as always, is people who go overboard.

Some people seem to think they can act and post anything they like on this site, maybe its a cultural problem or how they were brought up. Then they'll scream "my rights", "I'm oppressed", stuff like that, ruining the site for everybody else. Self entitlement really.

Fair enough. I will know again for future.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nonsense thread is nonsense

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement