Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank lodged less than they took from me?

• 24-07-2015 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

I went into a bank today to do a few transactions, it involved lodging money into one account, partially consisting of coins which I brought in in bags, partially with cash and the remainder from another account. When the transaction was complete I was surprised by the amount taken from my other account and they had already put away the cash and coins so, after some questioning, I assumed I must have forgotten to bring two of the bags of coins with me. The girl absolutely raced through all the counting, which is starkly different to pretty much every experience I've had in a bank with the money being counted multiple times over, especially for such a confusing transaction.

After getting home just now and realise that I haven't, meaning they took a hundred euro more from me than was written down on the giro. Is there anything I can do about this at all now? I strongly suspect there isn't but I figured I should ask somewhere. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Contact the bank. If you can make out the cashier number from the stamp on your receipt all the better but not completely necessary. The cashier should have been €100 over in her end of day balance. The chances are she's still trying to locate the error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

When lodging bags of coins I always present a list of the number of bangs and denominations for the teller to agree to to avoid situations like this

Advertisement