Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Alarm system to pick?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

So I am about to get a Alarm system installed and a bit confused in which one to pick. It's between the HKC 1070 & the Visonic powermaster 10/30. Both will have either wired or wireless keypads, as I want the main control panel hidden. Can anyone give me some advice on which one to pick? I heard Visonic you can replace the battery's yourself, with the HKC you can't, is this true? It will also be Monitored. I'm new to this Alarm system thing. Any advice welcome, thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With all alarms you could change the batteries if you want.
    Between those 2 I would say the HKC. But if you are looking at apps and self monitoring I would look at other options like Risco, Vanderbilt (Siemens) or GSD. See the sticky here for more details.
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057394782/17/#post96351115
    I find people don't bother as much with wireless keypads as you can use the app or wireless key fobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

Thanks for the response Koolkid.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problem. A little extra information can go a long way sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

redmond08 wrote: »
    So I am about to get a Alarm system installed and a bit confused in which one to pick. It's between the HKC 1070 & the Visonic powermaster 10/30. Both will have either wired or wireless keypads, as I want the main control panel hidden. Can anyone give me some advice on which one to pick? I heard Visonic you can replace the battery's yourself, with the HKC you can't, is this true? It will also be Monitored. I'm new to this Alarm system thing. Any advice welcome, thanks :)

If the system is being monitored the service visits should be looking after battery replacements for you. Also doing same will invalidate any warranty you may have on devices installed.

Advertisement