Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 950 / 950XL? [Stock info/Stores/Networks etc]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭darren2368

A travel converter would needed because it will come with a standard European 2-pin plug. The phone should also come with a USB cable that you should be able to use from a computer, or elsewhere.

That's what i thought :/ Is that charger required for fast charging to work? Or could I just use my current Lumia 925 charger and swap out the usb cable for the 950 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Hey folks. I had a faulty 950 which I got from Eir. Sent it back 14th January but they messed up somewhere and only last week did they finally acknowledge that they had received it. They then said that they were now out of stock on the 950.

So, just wondering if anyone has any idea as to when new stock might be coming to Ireland? Been checking their site every day but no sign so far. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Hey folks. I had a faulty 950 which I got from Eir. Sent it back 14th January but they messed up somewhere and only last week did they finally acknowledge that they had received it. They then said that they were now out of stock on the 950.

So, just wondering if anyone has any idea as to when new stock might be coming to Ireland? Been checking their site every day but no sign so far. Thanks guys.

Best to ask the company,stock would vary on how sales are going and right now they aint going well..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

PC World Ebay store

950 - £320

950XL was there also at £320, but looks like it's gone, at least for now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

darren2368 wrote: »
    That's what i thought :/ Is that charger required for fast charging to work? Or could I just use my current Lumia 925 charger and swap out the usb cable for the 950 one?

I think it's a 3amp charger (not near it right now) which would provide enough for fast charging. I'd imagine a smaller charger may do it quickly, just not as quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

darren2368 wrote: »

The 950 comes with a USB Type C to plain USB cable, and a USB Type C fast charger (with the lead fully integrated into the wall plug). So, you'll need a new USB wall plug which supports fast charging, which cost about 10 quid off Amazon UK. Or you could re-use your 925 charger with the type C cable and it'll just charge at normal speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Best to ask the company,stock would vary on how sales are going and right now they aint going well..

Thanks for response. Actually checked Eir's website Friday and noticed it was back in stock. Expecting delivery today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Have a 950 arriving today, what's the good, the bad and the ugly?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Have a 950 arriving today, what's the good, the bad and the ugly?

I recommend installing the Windows Insider preview builds. My 950 was very unstable out of the box, practically unusable due to severe battery drain and inability to update apps. Much better now though. Coming from a lower spec Windows Phone I really like the glance screen feature and the quick charge, both genuinely useful features.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

shamtastic wrote: »
    I recommend installing the Windows Insider preview builds. My 950 was very unstable out of the box, practically unusable due to severe battery drain and inability to update apps. Much better now though. Coming from a lower spec Windows Phone I really like the glance screen feature and the quick charge, both genuinely useful features.

supposedly new build being released that is the latest insider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah, it looks like build .107 is now the latest public build for 950, 950XL and 550 - it's installing on a non-Insider 950 at the mo.

Most likely because this is the build that will be on the new Lumia 650 that is released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Anybody having an overheating issue with their 950 after the recent update?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Right its S**t or get off the pot time for me. My upgrade is available now and I've been holding out for the 950xl. Is it worth it for me , coming from a 640xl , or should I think about going back to android?

Does the better hardware make a big difference? The 640xl can be a tab slow at times with a few apps crashing occasionally.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Right its S**t or get off the pot time for me. My upgrade is available now and I've been holding out for the 950xl. Is it worth it for me , coming from a 640xl , or should I think about going back to android?

Does the better hardware make a big difference? The 640xl can be a tab slow at times with a few apps crashing occasionally.

I went from a 640 to the 950xl, before the 640 I had the 1520.

It mostly depends on your upgrade period, im with Vodafone and get annual upgrades. If your on a 12 month cycle then I'd say its worth it, however if your on a 24 month cycle then I'd reset the 640xl put the latest insider build on there and wait for the surface phone rumored for the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Anybody having an overheating issue with their 950 after the recent update?

I installed 10.0.10586.107 the other day, which I assume is the update you're referring to, and I haven't noticed any change in the device at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I installed 10.0.10586.107 the other day, which I assume is the update you're referring to, and I haven't noticed any change in the device at all.

I have two phones. One phone updated fine and has no issues. The other phone is just constantly overheating since the updated.

Battery discharge rate is nearly 30% per hour.

I've done a factory reset and restore with no luck.

I've done a factory reset without restore today based on solutions found on the net.

Hoping that will fix it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone having issues with the English- Ireland keyboard?
    No predicted words or swipe working for me, it's not downloading for some reason.

Had to switch to the UK one to get those features working.

The latest Redstone fast ring build is a mess for me. Going to have to reset and roll back it's that buggy. I think I'll stick with the Threshold branch for now, seems to be more updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

MJohnston wrote: »
    The latest Redstone fast ring build is a mess for me. Going to have to reset and roll back it's that buggy. I think I'll stick with the Threshold branch for now, seems to be more updated.

It's new safe to assume that...

Fast Ring = new features, but basic stuff can be broken
    Slow Ring = an old Fast Ring build that turned out to be stable, may have additional fixes
    Release Preview = Fixes to the last major release

If your only device is a 950/950xl, surely you'd have to a masochist to stay on the Fast Ring? :pac:

Fast Ring was fine up until the Redstone branch split, at which point it became far less stable, and wasn't getting the cumulative updates that the Threshold branch was. Unfortunately I sleepwalked into the Redstone build without knowing this would happen in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with the English- Ireland keyboard?
    No predicted words or swipe working for me, it's not downloading for some reason.

Had to switch to the UK one to get those features working.

Same issue and same resolution here. Don't think it makes any difference anyway if it's English Ireland or English UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

My 950 updated to .164 yesterday evening. Early use suggesting it's not running as hot as before, hopefully stays that way and brings improved battery performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Anyone on Meteor 950 get the 01078.00038.16025.39xxx firmware update yet?

My Meteor 950 received an update this morning. It's now updated to the below:

OS build: 10.0.10586.164
    Firmware revision number: 01078.00017.15452.59004

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Rsaeire wrote: »
    My Meteor 950 received an update this morning. It's now updated to the below:

OS build: 10.0.10586.164
    Firmware revision number: 01078.00017.15452.59004

Are you in the Insiders program?

Griffinx wrote: »
    Are you in the Insiders program?

No, I'm not.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

That's the release version that is going to the 8.1 Phones that will be updated 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

950 dropped to 344 on Amazon. I guess by the lack of posts about it that is not worth it.

About 430 euro when you convert it. Although I've been half thinking about going back to the dark side with an iPhone SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

TBi wrote: »
    Although I've been half thinking about going back to the dark side with an iPhone SE.

I'm...this close to going back to iphone. Three years with windows phone and its getting worse.

The 950 hardware seems okay. I love the camera. But holy hell the OS is awful. Its bug ridden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

InTheTrees wrote: »

The 950 hardware seems okay. I love the camera. But holy hell the OS is awful. Its bug ridden.

So I really have to look last the price and see how much I hate myself if I want to get it :)

Advertisement