Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 950 / 950XL? [Stock info/Stores/Networks etc]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

muff03 wrote: »
    Man, remember that!? None of the carriers here could even tell you if they were going to have it, one minute yes, the next no. That was embarrassing.

I love how they all over compensated with the 925 then afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I love how they all over compensated with the 925 then afterwards.

Well I just love my 925... still going strong :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

More recent leaks are saying that the 950 will now have wireless charging built-in, rather than needing a special cover, and IR iris recognition will be available from launch (previously wasn't going to be available until a later update). Additionally there is likely to be a deal that includes the Continuum dock for free.

Wondering if that iris recognition is any good compared to a fingerprint reader.

More recent leaks are saying that the 950 will now have wireless charging built-in, rather than needing a special cover, and IR iris recognition will be available from launch (previously wasn't going to be available until a later update).
    I wonder if this was a result of the negative feedback or of the initial leaks were incorrect.
    there is likely to be a deal that includes the Continuum dock for .

I wouldn't hold my breath. The Lumia launch deals we've had until now have been borderline misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Well ... where are them !??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I posted a plea in the Talk to Three forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057504663

Would appreciate any other interested parties replying to that indicating their interest, hopefully sway a bit of their opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

MJohnston wrote: »
    I posted a plea in the Talk to Three forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057504663

Would appreciate any other interested parties replying to that indicating their interest, hopefully sway a bit of their opinion!

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I can't seem to find information on the LTE bands. Is there going to regional variants? Thinking I'll buy this in the US, as it says in the specs Band 3 and 20 supported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Will the new Lumia's be available sim free from the Microsoft store or will they only be available through 3/Vodafone/Carphone Warehouse?

• Advertisement

LTE Bands: Band 1, Band 2, Band 3, Band 4, Band 5, Band 7, Band 8, Band 12, Band 17, Band 20, Band 28

From http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl-specs

Will the new Lumia's be available sim free from the Microsoft store or will they only be available through 3/Vodafone/Carphone Warehouse?

They'll be available from the UK Microsoft Store website, which will ship to Ireland for no extra cost.

Good news, just got the following message back from Three Ireland on Facebook:
    Just to let you know we will be getting it : ) We don't have the exact dates just yet or the pricing but if you keep an eye on http://www.three.ie we'll have more info here in the coming weeks. Fiona

It's unclear what they specifically mean by "it" as I asked about both the 950 and the 950XL in my message, but hey, good news anyway!

A business rep let me know that eMobile have plans for the 950 but there was no mention of the XL. Hopefully they'll offer both.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

A business rep let me know that eMobile have plans for the 950 but there was no mention of the XL. Hopefully they'll offer both.

Oh god, I want the XL. Please make it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Meteor have confirmed they will stock the 950 only, no XL.

Not a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The XL will no be on sale in retail

jimmynokia wrote: »
    The XL will no be on sale in retail

What do you mean by this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Finally. A replacement for my old 920. I cant wait.

The thing is will my 920's wireless charger work with the 950?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭circadian

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Finally. A replacement for my old 920. I cant wait.

The thing is will my 920's wireless charger work with the 950?

I'd say so, they're all QI chargers.

Was hoping for a 930 price drop but I'm sold on the 950.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,670 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

circadian wrote: »
    I'd say so, they're all QI chargers.

+1

Will work fine

I still have the original Nokia charger that I got free from Nokia (when I registered my 820 online with them) and it works flawlessly with my 4th Windows phone now (930), even through a thick cover

I also have a cheap Chinese wireless charger and it won't work well at all through the cover though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

http://www.windowscentral.com/lumia-950-xl-camera-closer-look

Same camera tech in both the 950 and 950xl.

The comparison photos of yer wan taken with the 950 and the S6 are pretty revealing (if they're not doctored of course).

RGB flash and Rich Capture look like the kind of features you would actually use all the time on a phone camera, especially with the Living Pictures. The ability to tweak the camera flash "strength" after the fact is pretty nice too. I'd say those JPEGs are huge though so you'll want to have plenty of Onedrive storage.

Apparently the only negative thing others have noticed is a not-very-fast autofocus.

Looking forward to reading some reviews of this phone. All I'm really unsure about is the "Hello" iris reading thing as it looks a bit slow from some of the demos floating around right now. A fingerprint reader might have been a better way to unlock your phone?

All I'm really unsure about is the "Hello" iris reading thing as it looks a bit slow from some of the demos floating around right now. A fingerprint reader might have been a better way to unlock your phone?

That's still very much in beta, so hopefully this will improve with time.

Looks to me that it takes about 1.5 seconds to unlock right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone seen a nice, plain, polycarbonate cyan cover for the XL yet? I really want this phone now.

Was pricing mentioned in the thread?

UK:
    950 (499 GBP) - Official store link
    950 XL (549 GBP) - Official store link

US:
    950 (??? USD)
    950 XL (649 USD) - Official store link

IE:
    950 (? - 599 EUR)
    950 XL (? - 699 EUR)

Edit: Added link(s) for official pricing.

I think the MS store had the US and UK pricing, hadn't/haven't seen any official IE pricing yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Beagslife

Amazon.de have the 950, 950 XL along with Dual Sim option up for pre-order.

Pricing for 950 is €599 and for 950 XL is €699.

I want one :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭MickH503

Beagslife wrote: »
    Amazon.de have the 950, 950 XL along with Dual Sim option up for pre-order.

Pricing for 950 is €599 and for 950 XL is €699.

I want one :cool:

Pre-Order Action: Free 32GB Memory Card + Charging Pillow
    Until 11.15.2015 all pre-orders will receive the new Microsoft Lumia 950 a memory card and a charging pad for smartphone free to do so

I want one too :)

• Advertisement

And no sign of a continuum dock bundle.

Advertisement