Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic progressing despite losing

• 24-07-2015 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Just looking through the scores from last night and saw Legia Warsaw and remembered that last year...

Celtic lost to Legia over 2 legs 6-1 and went through because Legia played an unregistered player(he played 3 minutes)

Then i remembered the whole Sion thing too, were celtic again lost 6-1 over two legs and still went through...

Is there any other club who have lost in such a convincing manner and went on the next round, because of paper work errors?

Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

The hidden Fenian hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Can see this thread ending well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

It was very harsh on Legia last year, but in fairness re Sion, they played five ineligible players over the two legs. And they won 3-1, not 6-1. I believe one of the ineligible players scored one goal and setup another. Take away those two and Celtic would've progressed on away goals anyway.

Legia was an oversight that made no difference at all to the result. Sion was just complete recklessness on their part and hugely influenced the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The onus is on clubs to have their house in order.

There's huge money to be made playing in UEFA's competitions and clubs pay players big money. The least clubs can do is have competent people working in their offices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I have a feeling this might have been discussed last year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I have a feeling this might have been discussed last year....
    Yeah; it's a bit Groundhog Day-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Weird thread.

Advertisement