Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden Hall Broadband Speed

Options
  • 24-07-2015 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys Im wondering if you can help me?
    Im planning on staying in Eden Hall next year because im doing Software Development in CIT, and I was wondering how fast the internet speed is in in Mps in Eden Hall?
    Also can anyone tell me how it was like for anyone who lived in Eden Hall? Is it a good place? Is it noisy?

Please and thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Solus7

Anyone please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 m0425

It depends on the time of the day, in the morning I was getting around 3 - 4 Mbps and in the evening when there's a lot of people around maybe 1.5 Mbps.
    Just so you know there's no WiFi only Ethernet available and depending on the room you get the wall port can be quite far from the desk/bed. It's best to get at least a 3 meter cable as the one they sell in the office is really short and expensive, 7 euro for a 1 meter cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Can not comment on eden hall but Deans hall internet is the worst internet i have experienced. Internet may completely stop working for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zapper459

Stayed there last year, speed varied from 1 Mbps to 10. The downfall is no WiFi, though if you bring in your own router you're
    you'll be fine

Advertisement