Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend phone for developing apps

Options
  • 24-07-2015 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Could anyone please recommend an android for me? I'd like to get into app development and there seems to be some recommendation to do with the nexus as being a more "pure" android experience? I'm not sure if this is true or what this really means.

While using it for app development, it will of course also be used day to day as my phone. Currently I have a Nokia Lumia 720 Windows Phone, which I have found pretty decent, although the camera is poor. I'm not too pushed on having a large screen, preferring having something that is easy enough to carry around in my pocket all day long. A half decent camera would be nice, and I'd also watch a bit of netflix on the phone, and like to use it as a GPS tracker on cycles and runs!

Budget maybe anywhere from 150 to 300, spending more if justified. I see the Nexus seems to be around €439, at phonesonline.ie which is a bit too much for me! I also can be a bit rough on phones, so if it is a bit robust to stand up against getting dropped and mistreated, all the better!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Get the one plus one or new vodafone smart 6 ??
    You can pick up the Nexus much cheaper online

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kevin7

Thanks for the recommendation.

It seems the Vodafone is quite the bargain of the month judging by its thread over on "Bargain Alerts". I think I'll try that. Its going to be much larger than what I'm used to..pros and cons..bigger ought to be better...except for portability!

Advertisement