Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design quote from online planing site

Options
  • 24-07-2015 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys

1st post- -snip- I have just received a quote as follows from their representative.

-Plan package (construction & planning ), house type bw053 and modifications as required
    -Planning application preparation ( includes local needs application)
    -Site layout map
    -Communication with Meath County Council
    -Design guidance , construction information and advice.

Fees for the above would be €1950, with 50% deposit upon commencement of work with balance due at lodgement of planning application.

In addition you will need to allow for the following:
    -OSI digital planning maps, €113
    -EPA Percolation testing/report €750
    -Planning Fee to MCC €65

Does this sound right ? Is our approach to planning correct in your opinion. I guess I'm also wondering if we should involve an engineer at this stage or the next and the likely cost to get detailed construction/tender plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭893bet

It would be wiser IMO to hire a relatively local arch, show him pictures of what you want etc. and allow him design. You need an assogned certifer on board so why not have him from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gotnomaster

As it happens the company is based in the area, actually, they are based only 5 mins away.The guys I'm dealing with are local so I would hope they are clued in about local planning conditions. I take on board your point though about having a local architect as an assigned certifier ! It's something to think about before proceeding alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gotnomaster

Might I just add; We won't be building for a while. We are still living abroad and wanted to get the planning organised and the cost of building nailed before starting. House would be two years off I reckon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

This is the biggest investment you'll ever make. At least get a few more quotes and really talk through what the arch will offer you. Think orientation, views, passive standards, the site! Picking something of the net is not the way to design a house.

Advertisement