Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Hair

Options
  • 24-07-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi everyone :)

Looking for some advice. I've always had quite a wispy hair line but seems to have worsened lately. I've had my bloods all checked at the GP and there's nothing they can see that might be causing it. Can anyone suggest any shampoos/treatments/herbal tablets/vitamins that might help? I've read somewhere that pre-natal vitamins can help but wasn't sure if anyone has tried that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've heard that viviscal are great and am thinking of trying them out myself too as my hair isn't what is used to be anymore. May be worth doing a bit of research on them to see if they're what you're after?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Ouch they look expensive! Reviews seem good though so could be worth a shot, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Ouch they look expensive! Reviews seem good though so could be worth a shot, thanks :)

I know ya they're pretty pricy alright. I know a girl who works in a pharmacy and she was given a free six month trial of them and her hair has grown so much it's unreal. She had shoulder length hair six months ago and now it's down to the middle of her back. Would love to start taking them but can't afford to at the minute

My hair grows at an awful rate, it just sheds loads when I brush it. I also wear my hair up quite a bit for work so I'm not sure if the tension is pulling hairs out or something. I might ask for it for a 3 months supply for Christmas (thinking ahead!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I've heard good reviews on Viviscal too. How expensive is expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭marykitty47

Hi all I've just started viviscal too. I got 3 months supply in lifes2good in gakway for 99eur

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭chickenlicken2

Try bay rum. They sell it in pharmacies.
    Massage it into scalp and leave for a few hours and wash off. You can mix it with an oil too. Google it there is a lot of reviews on this.

I'll have a look into that too. To be honest I think I need something more internal to get it growing rather than something to make it look thicker. Generally if I style it a certain way it can look like normal hair, it's just that I know it's not the case :(

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

I lost a lot of hair after being suddnedly sick a few years ago, nothing to do with medication or actually being sick it is more a reaction to a sudden change in my life. I saw a dermatologist and they told me what it is called but basically any change in your life can bring on hair loss, this is like an all over thinning of the hair for me not in patches or anything. I was down to an exceptionally skinny pony tail, it dried in half a minute after washing.

anyway, the consultant dermatologist basically said there is no magic potion to rub on your head to make hair grow significantly, you just need to wait for the natural cycle of hair growth but that of course healthy eating would help. I did take those hair skin and nails tablets and i think they definitly did help but to be honest it is only now, three years after it all fell out that my hari feels back to being as thick as it was before. the tablets helped it on its way a lot but not compeltely, time was the only thing that worked for me.

Advertisement