Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulk Hogan gone from WWE.... defeats Gawker!

Options
  • 24-07-2015 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Overnight Hulk Hogan was completely deleted from WWE.com, Chris Benoit style. He is no longer listed as a Tough Enough judge and he doesn't even appear in their Hall of Fame section.

Apparently there is audio about to be released of him going on a tirade using racial slurs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Would be a crazy way for the career of possibly WWE's biggest ever star to finally come to an end.

Interesting how quickly WWE's PR get on top of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow currently pulled in to a interstate rest stop thinking "Man F*&^ That Guy"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The audio, apparently.

Not a racist rant IMO. Unfortunate use of the wrong word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Dancor wrote: »
    The audio, apparently.

Not a racist rant IMO. Unfortunate use of the wrong word.

In work so can't listen to at the moment. It's mental how they've completely wiped him though. Anyone who has ever heard of Hogan knows he is synonymous with WWE.

Also, Michael Hayes is still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wow.....there's nothing in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

G Spark wrote: »
    In work so can't listen to at the moment. It's mental how they've completely wiped him though. Anyone who has ever heard of Hogan knows he is synonymous with WWE.

Also, Michael Hayes is still around.

That's a couple of years old

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Don't like hogan but that is ridiculous behaviour from wwe.
    So telling stories is wrong but oiling up your daughter is grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So is there another one or is that it? Wasn't the smartest thing to say on radio but he didn't mean anything by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

That can't be it. I fully came in here (as a non fan of pro wrestling) expecting something awful, but I'd say a politician could do that exact same interview and not even lose the whip.

Maybe they jumped too soon? Heard there was a rant coming and preemempted it expecting worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

apoch632 wrote: »
    That's a couple of years old

The Michael Hayes thing or the audio?

My point about Michael Hayes is that he used a slur to refer to an employee and still has a job. But Hogan does it and he's erased from history as much as possible.

• Advertisement

*sigh* that wasn't a racist rant. That was a very funny story about a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

There is a rumour he is on celebrity big brother. So maybe wwe would let him out of his contract then decided to sack him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

errlloyd wrote: »
    That can't be it. I fully came in here (as a non fan of pro wrestling) expecting something awful, but I'd say a politician could do that exact same interview and not even lose the whip.

Maybe they jumped too soon? Heard there was a rant coming and preemempted it expecting worse?

Thought the exact same. There was nothing in that clip. It was recalling a story, nothing racist in that at all, in terms of being derogatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

errlloyd wrote: »

I'd say that's it unless there's something else to this. I don't think he'll be erased from history for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That can't be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

11800129_10152926748312441_5296306388461831051_n.jpg?oh=4fa2de72c6e90e66869556e6b63e1375&oe=5652397E

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Looking at twitter and other sites most of the comments are about WWE removing Hogan from their site rather than what Hogan said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Apparently that's not the video and that the real reason for removal is a rant against the rock in which he did say some pretty horrific things.

Apparently that's not the video and that the real reason for removal is a rant against the rock in which he did say some pretty horrific things.

That's also not it. That was posted on a satirical website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The audio in question came to light during the Gawker court case, its not been released yet, supposedly it will be out later today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wonder what booker T would say?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

irs wrote: »
    Looking at twitter and other sites most of the comments are about WWE removing Hogan from their site rather than what Hogan said.

Yeah, most of the news coverage is about what WWE have done, rather than what Hogan has done. I know why they did it, but doing it so hard and fast and so extreme seems to have generated quite a bit of publicity in itself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, apparently it's out now.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/hulk-hogan-racist-scandal-n-word-caught-on-tape-wrestling/

Seems to be a problem with Brooke sleeping with some black guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Regardless of what Hogan said WWE are idiotic if they think deleting one of if not the biggest stars in their history from their website is going to make people forget who he is and how he made his name.

Idiotic move from WWE and says alot about how little they are willing to stand behind their talent,

To be fair when dealing with family all bets are off, granted he shouldn't have said it on any radio show or something but I don't think he should be put in the same bracket as Chris benoit

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

To be fair when dealing with family all bets are off, granted he shouldn't have said it on any radio show or something but I don't think he should be put in the same bracket as Chris benoit

This entire post makes zero sense whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Palo Alto wrote: »

The last person who was effectively wiped from the history of the WWE was Chris Benoit better know these days for killing his wife, child and then himself.

But then again given the current racism buzz the US is on, they probably do see racism as a bigger crime than a double murder

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

If it's the Booker T anecdote then it's nothing really and he'll be fine.If the conversation from the sex tape is legit then he'll never be let anywhere near WWE again and rightly so.

Palo Alto wrote: »

As in when familys fight the worst of the worst is thrown at each other insults wise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Exclusive from The National Enquirer gents?

Perhaps it is best wait for something a bit more legit.

Advertisement