Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulk Hogan gone from WWE.... defeats Gawker!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Who's Hulk Hogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gimmick wrote: »
    Exclusive from The National Enquirer gents?

Perhaps it is best wait for something a bit more legit.

They are meant to be who bought the tape.

From WWE.com
    “WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I just read a transcript of what he said. He's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

gimmick wrote: »
    Exclusive from The National Enquirer gents?

Perhaps it is best wait for something a bit more legit.

The fact that WWE are legally able to terminate his contract is evidence enough that it's legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

You can't bate a good scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

back to tna or to GFW now for hogan. I think its a bit of an over reaction to delete him for all records he didnt murder anyone

Along with Hogan trending worldwide today, Booker T has been as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

PTH2009 wrote: »
    back to tna or to GFW now for hogan. I think its a bit of an over reaction to delete him for all records he didnt murder anyone

Just look at all the hassle over confederate flags at the moment over there, racism is worse than murder in the US right now.

WWE just do themselves more damage with rash crape like this

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Just look at all the hassle over confederate flags at the moment over there, racism is worse than murder in the US right now.

WWE just do themselves more damage with rash crape like this

In fairness if what he said about his daughter's boyfriend is true. It's a perfect fine response, it's embarrassing to WWE to celebrate a person who literally celebrated the fact that he is in fact a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He's an ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

But like wwe have such double standards what about the guy that del rio slapped was he fired

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Clues have always been there.

UxZg4m5.gif

But like wwe have such double standards what about the guy that del rio slapped was he fired

Hogan is a household name and this is quickly being picked up by all major media outlets, the fella that ADR slapped was a nobody, it's just damage control at the moment as he is one of the faces of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

This surely paves the way for CM Punk's return.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince is sitting in his office with a big smirk looking at all the free mainstream publicity the WWE is getting and it is reflecting badly on them for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

A legend and pioneer yet still one of the biggest fcukwits the industry has ever seen.

In what world, where you have such a handy number, would you leave yourself exposed like that? With the woman he did a sex tape with of all people to boot. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

IF he indeed said what is being reported, then they are entirely correct to fire him and to distance themselves from him as much as possible. In fact, I commend them for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so when his day comes will they have a tribute for him or is he dead to wwe.

pretty sad way to end an amazing career and was possibily doing one more match too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Did he momentarily forget that if he says something even remotely racist that there would be consequences?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

It's not the same, but the Ultimate Warrior was a fierce strong homophobe and even did talks on the issue and he got his HOF and the memorial award so... I even read that Warraior was accused of being a racist too but I cant see anything concrete from the quick look I gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Poor Hogan, if he had not sued Gawker over the supposedly secretly shot sex tape, this probably would of never of came out as they were both recorded at the same time and came to light at the trial, he is more than screwed if he loses the lawsuit as well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hi Dixie want me to save TNA for you.... HH

Hi Jeff want me to turn GFW into a world beater...HH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Man, it sounds as though he was mostly pissed off with Brooke and misdirecting his anger, the way he says "I guess we're all a little racist" seems like an unusual thing for someone who holds staunch racist opinions. It's definitely nothing like the Mel Gibson rants where even his wording showcased levels of deep seeded contempt. I can understand why WWE are taking such a significant kneejerk response with the black/white way far far faaaaaaarrr less controversial things and the current environment in America
    ...but if this is all he winds up being remembered for, that's very unfair (although I quite like the idea of Flair assuming the mantle as the definitive star of the 80s)

It's a weird world we're in, that one private conversation from years back can cripple a person's career while, as innuendo141 says above, someone like Warrior repeatedly declaring absolutely awful opinions is able to get the slate completely wiped without ever backing away from those statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As much as I don't like Hogan in general (regardless of this thing) I think this should blow all over soon enough

Like this is a private conversation that was stupidly taped and he was talking about his daughter and clearly he got really emotional about it , I don't know obviously what he said was very very very wrong but I'm sure he regrets it , he should just come out on TV or something clarify the whole situation and apologize for it ...Only way really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

It will be the end of his career most likely as this can't be condoned, but hopefully they wont delete entirely from history ala Benoit.

Advertisement