Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulk Hogan gone from WWE.... defeats Gawker!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hulk Hogan will give an interview to Good Morning America this Monday (August 31).
    It will be the star's first on-screen appearance since being axed from the WWE in July.

Hogan tweeted: "Thank you NYC for the love, thank you GMA, Nightline and People Magazine for letting me speak the truth!! Only love 4Life HH."

The wrestler then confirmed that the interview would also appear on an episode of Nightline.

Hogan was axed from the WWE after a transcript was published featuring a conversation he had in 2007, in which he used racist terms while describing his daughter Brooke's then-boyfriend.

He subsequently formally apologised for using "unacceptable" racist language, saying: "Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation.

"It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologise for having done it."

Brooke Hogan later defended her father's words with a poem posted to her Facebook page after news of the incident was reported.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s216/wwe/news/a666057/hulk-hogan-to-give-first-interview-since-wwe-firing-to-good-morning-america-this-monday.html#~pmSjmRLVZv87Nj

Would it be wrong of me to want to see Trump and Hogan running the world.

Hulk Hogan I Still Love WWE... And I Wanna Be Trump's Running Mate
    Two interesting comments from Hulk Hogan -- he's NOT mad with the WWE for cutting ties with him over the N-word ... and says he wants to make America great again, by running with Donald Trump!!!!
    First, the WWE thing ... it's been more than a month since Vince McMahon wiped all traces of Hogan from the website after reports surfaced that he used the N-word in a racial rant years ago.
    Even after several black wrestlers and celebs vouched for Hulk -- saying he's not a racist at heart -- Vince has refused to bring him back into the WWE universe.
    So, how does Hogan feel about being blackballed? Check out the clip ... he views the situation more as a temporary "family" conflict and joked that the only "hard feelings" he's going to have is "when I get [Vince McMahon] in the ring again."
    As for the Trump comments ... Hulk says he thinks the country is finally ready for Vice President Hogan, brother.
    Are you?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/29/hulk-hogan-wwe-is-my-family-no-hard-feelings-with-vince-mcmahon/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So I'm guessing it's only a matter of time (1 year is my guess) before he is welcomed back

“At this time, the WWE remains steadfast in its decision,”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He comes across pretty poorly there and not at all genuine but that's heardly surprise to anybody..

I think the amount of big name wrestling people who stuck their neck out to speak up for him says a lot about him. He should've just apologised instead of all the acting and feigned tears..

He's one of the most famous people ever and I hope he makes a comeback to WWE at some point. It would be a shame if this was the last thing he was remembered for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Considering its usually a show designed to rehab celebrities from past transgressions, it wouldn't be an issue. Have him go in, shed some tears and apologies, and he's grand.
    Has anyone heard anything else about him popping up in Big Brother? I know that they sometimes have people arrive into the house after the competition has started. Fatman Scoop seems to have become such a likeable figure for the viewing audience of that show that I'd say it would do a lot for Hulk Hogan if he were able to get in there and be seen as a teammate of that guy. If they pulled Tila Tequila out over Nazi sympathising already though I guess it's slim enough odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hogan won his lawsuit and was awarded $115 million in damages.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35849140

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »

Handy money for old hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J. Marston wrote: »

Does Linda get half of that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They'll gawk no more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Delighted to be honest, Gawker seem like a fierce shower of unscrupulous c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

There are still punitive damages to be awarded so it could still be an awful lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hulkamania still running wild brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not the first time Hogan has made a ton of money from someone else doing the job.

In all seriousness, I'm pleased for Hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kinda wish Hogan would disappear/ride off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He'll be doing well to see most of it I'd say by the time appeals etc are finished. Still, hell of a babyface victory against the odds for now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There are still punitive damages to be awarded so it could still be an awful lot more
    Gawker better get ready for the strapation

Now Gawker know all about what it feels like when it all comes crashing down. It really hurts inside.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Does Linda get half of that now?

Someone else asked me that. Aren't they divorced though ? Any money after they divorced isn't hers.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Someone else asked me that. Aren't they divorced though ? Any money after they divorced isn't hers.

'Twas but a joke my good man.

• Advertisement

'Twas but a joke my good man.

Oh well played squire. I must try better time.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh well played squire. I must try better time.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WWE might take him back now or he might use the money to open up his own promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone want to steal my sextape ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

115 million settlement for sex tape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Now Gawker know all about what it feels like when it all comes crashing down. It really hurts inside.

I feel like they've got to take a stand, after all it don't help to hide. :pac:

Their case came crashing down and I'm sure it hurts inside.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Their case came crashing down and I'm sure it hurts inside.

Oh well played good sir.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    WWE might take him back now or he might use the money to open up his own promotion

I don't see how him getting a ****ton of money would lead to him being welcomed back unless they think he'll bankroll lindas next senate campaign. He has no value as a public spokesperson any more, that's why he's getting so much.

How much will gawker have to actually pay?

Advertisement