Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€150 fine for droping bag...

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

rolion wrote: »
    OK, back.. :)

Let me explain one reason why I'm not refusing to deal with the issue.

Few week sago, I parked my van in the same loading bay like in a normal day, beside my shop.
    The way the local Council or RSA designed the layout of the road, the loading bay, the bus station and the opposite side of the road is that if a large HGV parks in the loading bay, the traffic will be "shortened" to only one lane, as it will create a bottleneck loading bay with the opposite car park slots.

Well that day ,I decided to park with the left side wheels on the kerbs, so that I will avoid any damage to my car or create an issue for traffic, due to adjacent wide size car parked in there. The Parking Warden came and asked me to move it, otherwise he will issue me a ticket.

I've asked him if by any chance, he had thought to escalate the issue with parking in that area to his superiors, because if as in that day, two large vehicles parks opposite to each other, on both sides of the road, a bus, a large vehicle or a fire engine may not be able to pass trough.
    He replied with not your f / business and is beyond his job description.I had the pleasure to move the car and ... move on.

So rather than dealing pro-active with an issue that can create further problems or generate accidents, he resumed to issue a ticket and get the job done, like a fee daily quota .

Which was it, a van or a car?

Also, regardless of the traffic issue, did you consider the users of the footpath, wheelchair users, visually impaired people, people with small children? Parking with wheels on the footpath is illegal (just like dumping) so I'm glad the traffic warden did their job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,805 ✭✭✭✭L1011

rolion wrote: »
    If and only IF by paying e150 I manage somehow to get FCC to install at each recycling site a brown container / bin for dropping unused bags, plastic and metal lids, then I guess it will be well spent.

I'm paying for you maybe too ... I can't be perfect like you, sorry! I'm human. :)

Regards

Causing FCC to create what is effectively an endless dump they have to pay for the disposal of the contents of (as it won't be all recyclable) for lazy people is not a noble aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Well, decided to ignore some of the serious personal attacks to my online alias by some very perfect, honest, civilised other online users.
    I guess that if we meet face to face you may change your attitude about me or you will not be so brave like now, trolling from the front of your keyboards.

I've called to the offended site and I have to say...I was wrong.
    The recycling site looks nice, clean and well organised. That can be attributed to local people or to FCC staff. Many thanks for that...
    There were bags left over, beside the bins, but not thrown as you will be guessed. However, behind the bins, was some rubbish, I guess dumped by someone to cover temporarily the dumping.
    Clear signs for keeping the site clean and for the CCTV.I didn't managed to see the CCTV camera(s)...

356611.jpg

So, after I will review the CCTV footage and proved that I left my dumping empty bag on top / between / beside the recycling containership will pay the fee, as requested.
    On top of that, if proven wrong and to give myself a lesson and to "thanks" to FCC for their service there, i will donate a matching €150 Eason voucher to local Fingal Library in the Centre.

With no intention to annoy anyone, I will go offline in this "unresponsiveness" thread until I receive / review updates from FCC staff.

Many respects and more or less thanks to all above and remember...keep it clean ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

athtrasna wrote: »
    Which was it, a van or a car?

Also, regardless of the traffic issue, did you consider the users of the footpath, wheelchair users, visually impaired people, people with small children? Parking with wheels on the footpath is illegal (just like dumping) so I'm glad the traffic warden did their job!!

Yes, is a loading bay with 2 (two) indicators for loading bay traffic only, metal poles, located at about 5 m each, covering the whole pedestrian area of the bay.There was no pedestrian traffic on that section.
    I will be worried if the poles will not create a danger as people will have to squeeze between poles and the .2m kerb road side and fall in the traffic area of the road.
    I have been thinking to all the mentioned people there in your reply, I've been parked there for months.
    But, honestly, and I really want to apology to you personal. i was more worried that some other smart driver may damage my mirror, may scratch my car or worse, do it and then run away leaving the damage for me to pay, as it happened already in the past. But, thanks to thinking to other events.

I wonder what will others will do in my position, park on two parking spots !?

Regards and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Haha personal attack on my online alias.

No, you're just lazy and entitled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Mr.McLovin wrote: »
    instead of putting signs up or providing bins they put cctv up to fine people and make money
    If you don't leave your rubbish behind you won't get a fine ;) now what was that you were complaining about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Despite 2 warnings, personal abuse and overreacting to posts is still happening. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement