Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Facial

Options
  • 24-07-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

I decided to take the plunge and get a facial for the first time. After a fairly hectic few months my skin is looking dull and needs extractions for blackheads. I really just needs pepping up overall.

Any recommendations? I'd be willing to spend up to about €70 and I'm based in Dublin.

Also, how bad does people's skin be in the day or two afterward?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

What do you mean "bad"?
    People's skin feels amazing and looks amazing after a facial!
    I only ever had a facial in The Annex, Blessington and it was one of the nicest experiences of my life.
    It was €55 for half an hour and it was so relaxing and refreshing.
    My skin felt incredible after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Depends what kind of facial. I had a facial with microdermabrasion done a couple of days ago and yes, the skins look bad before it gets better. The skin can be quite red and has a sun burnt feeling but that subsides in a day or two and the rejuvenated skin then feels amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Ah right, ratmouse, I only had a normal facial, you know where they deep clean your face and massage it and apply oils and stuff?
    My skin felt fab after it.
    I expect a more intense facial, such as microdermabrasion would be a little harsher.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I don't have any recommendations but blackheads don't need to be extracting and if this is done incorrectly it can cause more damage than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd recommend an image facial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I'd recommend an image facial.

I'm not familiar. Can I ask what this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Big fan of facials and only wish I could afford to get one done every week!
    I get one every few months that's €60 for an hour but the girl always does longer depending on how long it takes me to relax my facial muscles.
    Got an amazing one on holidays last month in Crete actually, the woman massaged my head for ages.. was in heaven!

You shouldn't really break out after a facial btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Get a discounted one on Groupon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I love my facials but there's many not so good ones. The Guinot hydradermie is the most amazing facial. My skin is so good after. Espa also do a nice one.

Advertisement